• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Regular vs Enterprise for new additional CAD formats?

Explorer ,
Jun 23, 2021 Jun 23, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Jeanette and team,

Can someone clarify the distinction between the regular subscription for an individual and the enterprise version of Substance 3D Stager which includes the additional new CAD import formats? They are listed here: https://substance3d.adobe.com/documentation/sg/import-export-formats-213060294.html

I just added the new Substance line items to my individual Creative Cloud account and it definitely does not support those import formats and I'm not really clear on where/what I would need to do to enable the Enterprise variation to gain access.

Thanks for any insight you can share!

Rob

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Adobe Employee , Jun 23, 2021 Jun 23, 2021

Hi Rob!  Indeed CAD import is not available for individual or team plans, it is exclusive to the enterprise plan.  Here's the information for the enterprise plans:
https://www.adobe.com/creativecloud/business/enterprise/substance3D.html

Note that this is a different type of license than individual accounts.  Adobe usually offers individual, team, and enterprise level plans.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Apologies, quick follow up, I did eventually find this: https://www.adobe.com/creativecloud/business/enterprise/substance3D.html

I was hoping for some more insight as to the pricing difference and if an Enterprise license for that bundle could be associated with a standar individual Creative Cloud account or what other options there may be.

Thanks!
Rob

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Rob!  Indeed CAD import is not available for individual or team plans, it is exclusive to the enterprise plan.  Here's the information for the enterprise plans:
https://www.adobe.com/creativecloud/business/enterprise/substance3D.html

Note that this is a different type of license than individual accounts.  Adobe usually offers individual, team, and enterprise level plans.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thanks Jeanette - appreciate the info.

My feedback: I am hoping that you and the team will consider for a future release adding additional options/methods to access these advanced CAD import features via a standard individual account.

I personally maintain my own personal Creative Cloud license, and have enterprise licensing through my employer, but I'd really love to be able to use these features as an individual subscriber.

Putting on my Product hat, perhaps even an on-demand license or pay as you go/credits (similar to the cloud rendering that was part of Dimensions) or some other approach that would still allow your team to continue recoup your efforts in r&d and support, maintenance and subsequent releases while also broadening the feature availability to individual accounts for those who would be willing to pay extra for that functionality, but are not able to maintain an Enterprise account.

Thanks!
Rob

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources