• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Render not exporting, hangs on Estimating...

New Here ,
Oct 05, 2021 Oct 05, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I really want to like Stager and I do but, after multiple renders it just hangs on Estimating... for a while and I just have to cancel the render since it doesn't seem to do anything.

I have multiple camera angles in the scene and sometimes it will export the render after reaching 100% and sometimes it will just hang on "Estimating..." after fully rendering.

Is there an average time it takes for it to export the render? Should it be almost instantaneous after the full render time / % reaches 100%? Or does it take a long time to export?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 10, 2021 Oct 10, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am having this exact issue too. It takes almost an hour for a single medium resolution images and once it gets down to 1 minute left it switches to estimating and just hang up there and never finishes. I'm just curious what type of machine you are on? I have an iMac with an M1 chip so I'm thinking maybe it has something to do with that. I hope someone from adobe will chime in on this glitch.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 10, 2021 Oct 10, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have an RTX 3090 with a 3970x.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Oct 11, 2021 Oct 11, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

That can be issue with GPU probably. Try to swith CPU and test. Also updated GPU drivers and try to rinstall Stager. Did you have any problems with Dimension?

I have  RX 580 but use CPU without any problem.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 12, 2021 Oct 12, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have been having the same issue on an iMac Pro so not an M1 chip issue.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,
Oct 12, 2021 Oct 12, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Some issue with iMac i9 128gb, do it's not likely a M1 or ram issue

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 13, 2021 Oct 13, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have the same problem. I have Nvidia GPU and as soon as I select render, it just hangs on estimating. Nothing happens. Adobe Dimensions would load it much faster. I even disabled render with GPU and still stays the same. Even if I select DRAFT settings... Pls fix this I cant render anything.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 12, 2021 Nov 12, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm having the same issue, my macbook is old though and I assumed it was a GPU incompatibility issue but my CPU is able to export the images (although slowly). At first it seemed as though only the last camera would hang on estimating but after more tests it seems to be random.

I have reset P-Ram, fixed disk permissions, cleared cashes, ended all non essential processes, and even externally cooled my machine to see if any of these helped. Nothing seems to change the outcome. It's like rolling a dice, regardless of project complexity or size it randomly happens. 

I had accepted that perhaps my machine was just too old and would give up, but the fact that you are experiencing this on an M1 machine is concerning. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 07, 2023 Mar 07, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

It's been a year and half since this post and this still seems to be an ongoing problem. I'm new to 3D modeling and I will be honest I learned a lot from Stager and the awesome community that have put up learning videos. I'm currently on the trial version of the Adobe Stubstance 3D Stager and I don't think I will be subscribing after the trial ends. I honestly like Stager a lot, I love what I have created. But sadly it seems that this software has been neglected, shoved in a dark cold closet.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources