• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Setting up a 3 point light scenario

Contributor ,
Jul 08, 2021 Jul 08, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Can someone help me understand how to set up a simple 3 light scenario?

I am using area lights for key fill and back(hair)

I am having a hard time interperting Exposure vs Intensity

Let's say I want a key light at 100% and Fill light at 50% for a 2:1 lighting ratio

Do I set both area lights to the same Exposure and then adjust the Intensity values?

Thanks

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jul 09, 2021 Jul 09, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes, the exposure is an exponential intensity parameter, allowing you to have very faint lights and very bright ones like a sun. The intensity is a multiplier on that exposure.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Contributor ,
Jul 09, 2021 Jul 09, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for getting back to me and the explanation...However, I still don't have an answer to my question. ty

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jul 27, 2021 Jul 27, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If I understand right you query is "how to create 3 point light" as we can do in Dn by adding "3 point light" into scene. 

You can add any 3 seperate points or spots, etc... lights and locate them behind in front of your object. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,
Jul 27, 2021 Jul 27, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thanks for the input...Actually I was trying to figure out the correct settings for fill, key, and back lights ...I finally just adjusted them until they look appropriate and move on....For what's worth... I downloaded a free 3d model of the studio light, added a Stager spot inside it, adding a null object so the pivot point was correct and now I can use the group light like a studio light aiming, adding flags, barn doors, outer light angle and fall-off.

let me know if you want more info...ty

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jul 19, 2021 Jul 19, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Exposure is an exponential value so for a 'ratio' I would use the same exposure and just adjust intensity.
Keylight at exposure 1, intensity 100%
Fill light at exposure 1, intensity 50%

You can technically do it with EV too, but it's a little harder to figure out the ratios, since EV is exponential.

Senior Product Manager, 3D & Immersive

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources