• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Specifications for OBJ /FBX import into Stager to retain materials and rig poses from Cinema 4D?

Explorer ,
Dec 19, 2022 Dec 19, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Specifications for OBJ /FBX import into Stager to retain materials and rig poses from Cinema 4D?

I have scoured the internet, ask Adobe support...Facebook groups...

crickets...

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Dec 19, 2022 Dec 19, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

There isn't direct workaround between Cinema 4D and Stager. The only way to import into Stager OBJ/FBX files. I use Marvelous Designer and able to import models with materials and some poses. Usually I use OBJ or FBX.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Dec 27, 2022 Dec 27, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for your response 

Do you use Cinema 4D? 

I am looking for what specific  options in the Cinema 4D fbx and obj export dialogues that work best for Adobe Dimension and Substance Stager.

Thanks 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Dec 27, 2022 Dec 27, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Unfortunately, I don\t use Cinema 4D. Can only add that JPG textures works better than PNG as Dimenision have some problem with rendering transparent PNG textures.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources