Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Stager 3D stops responding when handling large .ssg files

New Here ,
Oct 27, 2021 Oct 27, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello

It's probably worth prefacing this message with the fact I'm still trialling 3D Stager (30 day free trial) but hopefully there's no difference in the trial application. I'm currently an All Apps subscriber but I used Dimension a lot and I'm considering subscribing to the 3D applications also.

What I'm experiencing is that the application intermittently stops responding when dealing with larger files. The file (.ssg) in question is around 1GB. Nothing extreme, and certainly nothing that causes Dimension to stop responding.

The application doesn't completely stop responding but the interface ceases to function. The main menu still works, but I'm unable to interact in any way with the scene/viewport. I've left it, in some cases for over an hour, but the application remains in this state. I can't close the application, the only solution is to end the task.

I'm using GPU rendering and this happens with ray-tracing enabled and disabled in the viewport.

PC Specs:

Windows 10 latest version

Intel Core i9-10900K running at 5.2 stable

RTX 3090

32GB RAM

Has anyone else experienced this? It happens between 1 minute and 3 minutes of opening and starting to manipulate the scene.

Any thoughts/feedback greatly appreciated.

Thanks in advance.

Regards,

David

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Please look into this discussion to find answers on you question. GPU rendering not available in Substance 3D Stager - Adobe Support Community - 12128353

I am on AMD Radeon RX 580 an not get in any situation when Stager hangs.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thanks Ares. I've gone through that and it doesn't really address the problem. I'm not having an issue enabling GPU rendering, and with other models it works absolutely fine. I guess it could be something related to the STL file I imported. It is has a very high poly-count.

Rendering other models is extremely fast, and the viewport also renders fast with ray-tracing enabled.

Thanks for your reply.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources