• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Stager and rendering

New Here ,
Nov 28, 2021 Nov 28, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Why is it so hard to render in stager? I have my sneaker ready in Substance painter for the ongoing competition, but I have not yet been able to have a single render out from the Substance Stager. 

After an hour time it is just "estimating"..... even with draft quality?

I have tryed to follow discussions about Gpu rendering with Stager, but as I am not an "engineer" I feel myself very insecure in changing anything on my computer...  

Are there any clear and precise instructions for "dummies" in rendering with stager anywhere?

I have tryed out every tutorial I have found, so the porblem is probably on my PC?

As I am use to work with Adobes programs - which usually are genious - but this Stager rendering is now killing me..

This is annoying beacause I really would like to take part for the Sneaker competition!

Regards, Annamari

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Dec 01, 2021 Dec 01, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

When you ask for help for specific issues, try sharing screenshot & details of your software and operating system settings.  

Doing a search for the specific issue with your specific software / os settings is usually good when figuring out problems too.  I understand that can be a challenge too, when we don't even know - what we don't know yet.

It's challenging to guess what your issue is with any software - when you don't include screenshot & details of your specific situation.

I will say the Stager Video Tutorials from Adobe have been super helpful for quickly being able to render.  I ran into trouble, but ended up just pushing all the buttons, render > until I finally found a setting in stager that would make a render happen for me on my machine.  If I run into future issues, I will probably search google, youtube, behance, adobe, etc to help me out and keep pushing buttons to find out what software settings will work for my own specific situation and operating system too.  

I hope this helps you overcome the feeling of 'not being an engineer'.  Even engineers practice what I mention above - maybe it will be a good practice for your situation too? 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Dec 01, 2021 Dec 01, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

their is also a list of 'Related' next to your question - maybe those will help you too 🙂 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 06, 2021 Dec 06, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Cheers, thanks for your kind reply! 🙃

I might have bee "a little"  bit too fustrated when I wrote that. Sorry for that! 

I am pretty sure now that my PC's grafic card may be the reason why thing did not work.... but I finally did got my Sneaker rendered after all. I tryed rendering with my old mac and that worked without any trouples at all.   

And here's the result:

https://www.behance.net/gallery/132596811/The-Great-Shoecase-by-Adobe

Kind regards, Annamari

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 07, 2021 Dec 07, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

make sure you dont have any weird characters in the file output name - i had a "&" and it hung and never rendered, once i figured out to keep the filename normal characters i had no problem. basic letters and numbers only. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources