Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Stager crashing and then not loading the crashed file

New Here ,
Dec 27, 2021 Dec 27, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

I'm having issues getting Substance 3D stager to consistently work. I'm not sure if my files are too large (100mb-200mb), or if my computer specs arn't up to scratch. I've got an i9, 32gb ram with a NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3070.

Ever time I create a slightly more complex file, it crashes and then seems to corupt that file to the point where I can't open it again (It just shows the loading screen indefinetly).

I've downloaded the NVIDIA Studio Driver as recommended, and I've even created another user profile on my computer (As recommended by the chat support as the fix to the issue). 

I have no issues with other rendering programmes, so can you please let me know if there is any additional drivers/patches that will help it run more smoothly.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Adobe Employee , Feb 11, 2022 Feb 11, 2022

If you can please send the file you are unable to open to us at Substance3D-bugs@adobe.com that is the only way we can resolve this issue.  It has happened a few times, where something in the file is getting into a state of unopenability, and we usually are able to fix the bug quickly once we have the scene.  

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,
Dec 28, 2021 Dec 28, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It can be also depends on complexity of your object - amount of meshes. Did you try Generate UV in Stager?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 31, 2021 Dec 31, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I can't see any softwares that would have conflicts, and i'm all up to date driver wise.

It sometimes gives me the option to Generate UV's when opening a file, but this tends to just continue loading and not actually continue loading the file.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jan 01, 2022 Jan 01, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Can you share file via cloud for testing?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Feb 10, 2022 Feb 10, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm having the same issues. Also have the studio driver. But the frustrating thing is that this is happening with very simple files. Sometimes even 1 object files, pretty low mesh. Absolutely ridiculous for the cost of the 3d suite

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Feb 10, 2022 Feb 10, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

also files corrupted, can't open and loading. simple ones. try to remake the file and same thing happens again.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Feb 11, 2022 Feb 11, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Very important that you email substance3d-bugs@adobe.com with the details, a sample file, and your two Stager log files from appdata/local/adobe/stager. The team has to be able to identify your problem, and there's not enough information in your posts to give them a clue.

Based on the fact that you're seeing this with simple scenes, though---and assuming you have uninstalled, cleaned out temp files, rebooted, then reinstalled Stager---I would try saving files twice, to separate drives, and see whether both copies show the same problem. If one is okay, you have a drive problem. Either way, verify that there is no corruption on your system drive [from an admin command prompt: chkdsk [system drive:] /f /r], and that Windows is intact [sfc /scannow]. I definitely have not seen this problem with Stager, but I have seen very similar problems with all kinds of software when a hard drive is starting to die.

At my end, I routinely save and load complex scenes of 1.5 GB and more, so there's something specific to your system that's making this happen.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for the insight on the drive - I sent them the file but I will definitely try this next time I come across the issue. As I explored this a bit more I'm thinking it was an import issue corrupting the files.

But also, I'm very curious about the drive because it's not something I have tried before with software malfunctioning, and I will keep this in my arsenal.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If you can please send the file you are unable to open to us at Substance3D-bugs@adobe.com that is the only way we can resolve this issue.  It has happened a few times, where something in the file is getting into a state of unopenability, and we usually are able to fix the bug quickly once we have the scene.  

Senior Product Manager, 3D & Immersive

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Just sent mine, thanks!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources