• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Substance Stager Materials

New Here ,
Jun 24, 2021 Jun 24, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

When I apply a material to an object from the Adobe Library or draw a primitive in Substance Stager and apply a material it applies with the correct scale. However, when I apply the same texture to an obj or fbx model that I have created and imported, the material seems to shrink and pattern. I can't work out how to scale this to fit properly. I have done nothing but dragged and dropped the same material onto the different objects.

Thanks,

Gavin

Substance Stager Screenshot.jpg

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Adobe Employee , Jun 24, 2021 Jun 24, 2021

Hi Gavin!  Materials are displayed on objects using a system called "UVs".  UVs are essentially the 3D model unwrapped into 2D space and laid out.  Then the images from the material are laid in that same 2D space and that's how the app 'maps' the 2D images of the material onto the 3D form of the model.

1 - Depending on how you created your model it may not have UVs or the UVs may be at different normalization.  You can first try using the menu Object > Generate UVs to re-generate new UVs autom

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe Employee ,
Jun 24, 2021 Jun 24, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi Gavin!  Materials are displayed on objects using a system called "UVs".  UVs are essentially the 3D model unwrapped into 2D space and laid out.  Then the images from the material are laid in that same 2D space and that's how the app 'maps' the 2D images of the material onto the 3D form of the model.

1 - Depending on how you created your model it may not have UVs or the UVs may be at different normalization.  You can first try using the menu Object > Generate UVs to re-generate new UVs automatically.  This will let you know if the UVs are missing completely.

2 - Because each object is different UVs you may need to tile the material differently to get the same visual appearance.  To do this select the object and then use Properties > Material > Transform to adjust the offset, angle, and repeat values of the material.

Material tilingMaterial tiling

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Resources