• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Left field question... rendering the textures rather than a scene?

Community Beginner ,
Jul 08, 2021 Jul 08, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, I create game assets for Second Life.  My current workflow is Substance Painter, using the baked light filter to render my textures with some lighting and highlights on the diffuse (2d window export for diffuse).  I have been wishing for something like Stager for a while because it can be difficult to get the baked light filters "just so" to achieve the results I am looking for.  Because SL is not a proper PBR environment it is necessary to fake bake the textures a bit to be sure that everyone is seeing the item the same way, whether they have a high end graphics card or are on a craptop with a low end card.  So my burning question is this: can I bring fully textured models out of painter, into Stager and create all the exported texture files with the lighting I want in there?  And, if not, could you please please please consider making that possible?  It would be a MAJOR boon to those of us creating for SL. 

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Adobe Employee , Jul 19, 2021 Jul 19, 2021

Hi KieraB! This isn't possible yet, Stager is oriented around being mostly the 'end point' renderer, so lighting is done in real time or ray tracing and output as an image from Stager.  Baking the lighting into the textures as an export is possible, but not something we have as a priority right now.

If you'd like to request a feature, I recommend posting it to our feature request board so you can get votes and follow up if we start working on it!

https://www.adobe.com/go/stager-feature-requests

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe Employee ,
Jul 19, 2021 Jul 19, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi KieraB! This isn't possible yet, Stager is oriented around being mostly the 'end point' renderer, so lighting is done in real time or ray tracing and output as an image from Stager.  Baking the lighting into the textures as an export is possible, but not something we have as a priority right now.

If you'd like to request a feature, I recommend posting it to our feature request board so you can get votes and follow up if we start working on it!

https://www.adobe.com/go/stager-feature-requests

Senior Product Manager, 3D & Immersive

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Resources