• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Licensing for Higher Ed 'all apps' accounts

Explorer ,
Jun 23, 2021 Jun 23, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

In the stream today it was mentioned that the new Substance tools (Stager, Painter, Sampler, etc) would be included for users with an EDU "all applications" license. However, in the Creative Cloud app I'm only seeing an option to start a free trial. Any direction to sort this out would be appreciated.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Chad!  The EDU plans are still getting some updates and it should be available on June 28th.  We'll add some information to the FAQ for this.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Great, thanks for the update! My IT manager was scrambling to figure it out on this end. 😄

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Jul 13, 2021 Jul 13, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It looks like things still aren't working for us here. All the Substance apps only have an option to 'buy now' in the CC app. What's more concerning is that Dimension has disappeared. I'm teaching online classes where students need to install it, but it isn't there.

Our folks have reached out to Adobe through other channels but do you have any insight on this, Jeanette?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,
Jul 14, 2021 Jul 14, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I feel yout pain!

I wrote an ebook on Dimension and published it on Amazon in April. Originally it was just for my Dimension student's.   Since Dimension is no longer available to install, were sunk for classes. sigh

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Are you working on Windows or MaC for Dimension?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Dimension is there for me personally, on Mac and PC, because I had it installed long before Substance was added. The problem is that all my students who need to install it now can't access it, regardless of their OS.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Exactly my situation: I've got students to be trained on Dimension and now that in person classes are beginning to meet after 18months I can't install the software...Unforgivable to take the installer down...sigh

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I just saw another forum where Jeanette said they should still be able to access the installer. 

In the CC desktop app, click on the profile pic, go to Preferences > Apps > Settings > then enable 'show older apps'

I haven't gotten any students to try that method yet but maybe it will help?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks so much....I will try this and pass the word around!...

Still very poor treatment of customer's...It's ridiculous that paying customers can't go to one place for information instead wasting time scouring the internet for solutions...bad form

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,
Jul 15, 2021 Jul 15, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Say Chad, here is the latest response from the Dimension Product Manager at Adobe Jeanette Mathews, (she is one reason I still hang in there with Adobe) about getting the ability to install Dimension

hope it helps.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources