• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Adobe Premiere Pro CC Team Projects for Remote Workers

Community Beginner ,
May 04, 2021 May 04, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Apologies in advance if there is already an answer to this in another post. 

I am working with a non-profit on some video footage in a volunteer capacity. We need to be able to collectively edit and share changes in a team project but we are running into the issue where at any given time one of us can't view the project files.

Currently, all of the files are hosted on my workstation and shared via the Creative Cloud File sync folder. However, due to the upload limits on CC I can't share any files larger than 1gb even through the sync folder. To top things off, there are times when my counterpart at the non-profit can't see the media browser for the team project. 

I have to think that we set something up wrong so I am wondering if someone with more experience using team projects can give ups a hand setting up our share workflow? 

I have read that we may need a shared network drive to host the files on. Is that accurate? Is there another way we can do it? If not, can we use a virtual cloud like Google Drive or Azure to host the files? 

Any help would be greatly appreciated!

[Moderator note: moved to Team Projects forum.]

TOPICS
Export , How to , Import , User interface or workspaces

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

LEGEND , May 04, 2021 May 04, 2021

The LucidLink process sets up a "virtual drive" on our computers. Anything we copy to that drive is uploaded to the Amazon S3 servers in London, and is visible in the LL virtual drive on any other computer connected to that "filespace".

The process on our machines individually is the same as working with media on a local drive. Premiere doesn't know it isn't "local". And it seems if the virtual drives have the same drive letter/name on both computers, that as far as anything in the project fil

Votes

Translate

Translate
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If you can't each have the media on essentially "mirrored" local storage, then "cloud" storage can work mostly sort of ... depending.

For much TP work, it is best for everyone to have the media 'local' as that gets uninterrupted playback and rendering. The "owner" or "creator" of the project ingests via the Media Browser panel to setup the projects media assets structure. All other participants use the Edit/Team Projects/Media Management dialog to link to the files on their computer system.

If you must work with cloud storage, sustained upload/download and latency are a pain. You've got a ton of media needing to be sorted, requested, bits downloaded ... on the fly.

I'm working with a partner in Cape Town South Africa, I'm in western Oregon USA. We're using the LucidLink filespace service for linkin/transporting media, with our filespace on Amazon S3 servers in London. It's actually workin amazingly well. It's near magical, as Mo can tell me via phone he's uploading a folder of media. I'll see the folder appear on my LucidLink "virtual drive" within a second or two.

In another 20 seconds, I'll start seeing filenames appear. And as soon as a filename appears, I can import it into a PrPro project and actually drag it to the timeline to add to a sequence or create a new one. And it will even start playback ... though the file isn't completely uploaded to London yet!

I'm not familiar with all the other services, but I know LucidLink and the Adobe TP and Productions/Hollywood staffers have worked together pretty closely.

I have tried DropBox and a couple others ... they didn't work too well, as their 'sync' processes routinely disrupted playback.

Neil

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you for the info, Neil!

That would definitely explain the problems we are having. I think the Adobe Cloud 'sync' process is slowing us down pretty significantly. 

It sounds like your solution is just what I need. If you don't mind, would you be able to describe how to set up a workflow like what you have? I haven't been able to figure out how to connect Premiere Pro with a cloud storage system. Do you use a Media Access Manager? 

Thank you!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The LucidLink process sets up a "virtual drive" on our computers. Anything we copy to that drive is uploaded to the Amazon S3 servers in London, and is visible in the LL virtual drive on any other computer connected to that "filespace".

The process on our machines individually is the same as working with media on a local drive. Premiere doesn't know it isn't "local". And it seems if the virtual drives have the same drive letter/name on both computers, that as far as anything in the project files are concerned, it's just "there where it's supposed to be ... ".

Neil

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Perfect. Thank you for the information and your help!

I really appreciate it!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines