• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Converted Team Project Loses Link to Merged Clips...solutions?

Community Beginner ,
Apr 21, 2018 Apr 21, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Problem in a nutshell.  I'm handling a recut of a feature film, which was cut in Premiere.  I have no clue what they did as far as dailies ingestion.  I've been trying all week to get Team Projects to work with the project provided but have been constantly hitting a roadblock of offline media.

I've done a myriad of things:

• Cleared cache

• Unlinked the entire project in the single user version, converted into the team project, relinking the media in team project

• Created a new team project, then using the Media Browser, importing the single user master project

Everything I do gets the media online in the team project, however as soon as I quit Premiere and relaunch, all of the merged clips used in the project go offline.  If I manually relink the clips, and I quit Premiere yet again, when I open the team project, the clips are once again offline.

I have even made sure the Tape Name metadata in the single user project's merged clips are present.  Another thing to note is when I go to relink the newly offline team project's merged clips, tape name and previous directory have been wiped.  However oddly enough the sound roll tape name of one of the two clips of media is present.

And ideas or troubleshooting tips would be greatly appreciated.  I've been on two calls with Adobe tech support with no solution.  I deeply want Team Projects to work, it's such a great addition especially working remotely with an assistant.  Thanks in advance.

Premiere version 12.1.1

OSX El Capitan 10.12.6

Media on External Drive connected via USB3.0

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Beginner , May 14, 2018 May 14, 2018

An update to those following this thread.  It is indeed a bug.  I've been chatting with Nate and they plan on having it addressed in the next release.  I will do a follow up once I can confirm the bug has been squashed.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe Employee ,
Apr 25, 2018 Apr 25, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello,

Sorry for your troubles.  Do you happen to know what version of premiere pro was used to create the project?  I'll do some investigation on my end and see what I can come up with.

Best,

Nate

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Apr 26, 2018 Apr 26, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm not 100% sure what version it was created on.  The shoot began on 01.16.2018 so whatever was the latest version at the time.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Apr 30, 2018 Apr 30, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

nishimuraland  wrote

I've been trying all week to get Team Projects to work with the project provided but have been constantly hitting a roadblock of offline media.

Hi,

I was not able to reproduce the issue.  Would it be possible if I could get just the project file itself and see if I could repro it? 

Please contact me through a private message.

-Nate

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
May 14, 2018 May 14, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

An update to those following this thread.  It is indeed a bug.  I've been chatting with Nate and they plan on having it addressed in the next release.  I will do a follow up once I can confirm the bug has been squashed.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines