Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

2020 Teams Project Missing all Folder/Bins structure

Explorer ,
Nov 04, 2019 Nov 04, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Issues with Team Project after 2020 Update

We updated several of our edit bays to 2020 this yesterday morning. The update itself went normal. After the update we attempted to edit several team-shared projects we have been working on over the past couple of months in 2019 with no issues. 

This is where the trouble started. 

Opening one of the shared projects we noticed that all bins and bin structure was missing. About 30 seconds later we were presented with an error dialog message of: “There was an error auto-saving the changes you’ve made in the last 10 minutes.” To exit out of the message we clicked the “ok” button. Once done, the message went away, kinda. The message kept popping back up. At this point the only way forward was to “force quit” Adobe Premiere. Exit or Save and Exit did not work. 

Thinking this was an issue with this one edit bay we attempted the same process in another edit bay. Same result. 

In addition to no bin structure I noticed that if clips were used in a sequence, those clips were in the root of the project. If the clip had not been used in a sequence, it was missing. 

We attempted opening several of the team projects in 4 edit bays with the same result. This eliminated the possibly it as a single machine having an update issue. 

The only way we could move forward and get back to editing was to use an older box still on 2019, migrate the project from teams to local. Once this was done, 2020 would open the project with all bin structure and files. 

Needless to say, very disappointing. After several hours of waiting in the call cue, tweeting and chatting with support this issue is still unresolved. I’ve been a loyal Adobe customer and user since Photoshop 1 days and had never experienced the total lack of support I did yesterday. 

That said, has anyone else updated to 2020 and successfully opened a team project? 

TOPICS
Error or problem , Freeze or hang

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Nov 05, 2019 Nov 05, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi - 

I'm sorry to hear about the trouble you are experiencing with your projects. My name is Michael Goshey and I'm a Senior Engineering Manager on the Team Projects team. I'd like to set up a time to speak with you and understand more about the issue and help resolve it with you. I will Direct Message you as well, but wanted to leave my email address and ask if you would send me some dates/times where you are available to connect live. My email: mgoshey @ adobe . com   (without the spaces).

I look forward to hearing from you so we can get you back up and running smoothly. Again, my apologies for the inconvenience you and your team are experiencing with Team Projects.

Regards,

Michael 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Nov 06, 2019 Nov 06, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Wanted to add a general note regarding versions in Team Projects.

If you happen to run into a situation where a project isn't what is expected or desired (for any number of reasons: a bug, shared changes from another user you don't want, etc.), you can use the versioning feature in Team Projects to roll-back to an earlier version of the project.

Here is some detailed steps for viewing and restoring a previous version of a Team Project. This information was taken from the following Adobe help page: https://helpx.adobe.com/team-projects/using/share-and-manage-changes-with-team-projects.html#main-pa...

View versions of team projects

Each time a collaborator shares a change, the team projects service creates and stores a new version of the project. You can easily view or go back to a previously shared version. Versions are a permanent and easy way to maintain the shared history of a team project. 

• Select Edit >Team Project > Browse Versions to navigate the Media Browser to the current version of the project. At the right edge of the Media Browser, you can find the Team Project Version Slider, which allows you to quickly browse through all versions of the selected team project.
  • Alternatively, right-click on a team project under "Creative Cloud" to run a list of all team project versions and associated information, such as previously made share comments. You can also use the versions slider to visually scroll through the various versions of the team projects. 

ss_slider_view_ofteamprojectversions.png

Hope this helps!

Michael

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Mar 06, 2023 Mar 06, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

We're having the same issue on a teams project. Someone who was just invited to the project is not seeing any bin/folder structure. I've followed these instructions but once you find the correct version do you then import? Please advise.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Mar 07, 2023 Mar 07, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Eli, 
The project for the newly invited user should look exactly as the project state on the users machine who last published their changes - Can you invite me [upawlik@adobe.com] to the project so I can see what it looks like for a new collaborator?

The Media Browser let's you roll the current project back to a previous Auto-Saved version, create a new Team Project based on a historic Version or just import specific assets or sequences per (right-click > import OR Drag & Drop) - View auto-saves and versions of Team Projects.

Best,
Udo

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Mar 07, 2023 Mar 07, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST
Thanks! It turns out some of the users were on slightly different
iterations of Premiere. By rolling everyone back to 22.5 that fixed the
issue.

Regards,Eli Beck-Gifford | Assistant Editor - O: 212 260 8900 | M: 970 214 2703Cut+Run NY | 599 Broadway, 12th Floor, New York, NY 10012Ph O: 212 260 8900 | M: 970 214 2703 | www.cutandrun.com

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Nov 12, 2019 Nov 12, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Update: Michael and team have been super awesome to work with in resolving the issue. Thanks to all!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines