• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

After Effects Crashes Trying to Open Team Project

Community Beginner ,
Nov 11, 2020 Nov 11, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

So I am running After Effects V. 17.5 in conjunction with Premiere Pro V. 14.5. 
I very recently was working on a project with another guy, so we created a Team Project to make it easier. We shared the footage and other assets using OneDrive and everything was going pretty good. We had created the TP in Premiere, and my partner was doing most of the stitching and sound design and such while I focused on special FX, so I did what I've done with every other Premiere project I've worked on - for each FX sequence, I just created a new dynamically linked After Effects composition, did the work there, and moved back to Premiere. It actually worked pretty good for the most part.
Then, last day we had to work on the project, we were almost finished and After Effects crashed while I was in the middle of working on an FX comp. Since then, I have not been able to open any of the dynamic link compositions, or any Team Project in After Effects. I was able to render the comps I had finished, but I had to redo several comps because what I had was no good. I tried a bunch of stuff but I just cannot get After Effects to open a TP or even create a new one.
I try going to Premiere, clicking "Edit Original" on the linked comp (both with After Effects already open and with it closed) - no good. It looks like it's trying to open it (picture attatched), and then the program freezes, and stops responding. I open After Effects, click open Team Project - nothing happens. It just closes the opening window and shows me the workspace panel with the buttons to create a new comp or open one. Same thing if I try to click on "Open Team Project" in the "File" dropdown menu. I try clicking on "New Team Project" in After Effects - same thing. I created a new Team Project in Premiere and creating a new dynamic link comp - no good. I can open regular projects just fine, and I ended up using this to finish the project, but this crash and setback severely affected the quality of the project in the end and I'd really like to find a fix to this so I can at least recover what I lost.

The weirdest part is that everything seemed to be working fine and then it just crashed and broke.

For specs, I am running an Intel-i7, a Nvidia GTX 1660 TI, and 64 gbs of RAM. I am running Premiere Pro v14.5 and After Effects v17.5 on a personal Creative Cloud Suite account (all apps). 

Creative Cloud 5.3.1.470
Apps 5.3.1.470
CoreSync 4.3.61.1
CCX Process 4.1.0.36
CC Library 3.9.27.3

TOPICS
Crash , Dynamic link , Error or problem , Freeze or hang

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Nov 11, 2020 Nov 11, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Update: I uninstalled and reinstalled After Effects to no avail, but I got a little more info. It still freezes trying to load and won't open the project, but now I got this:

Cole5FE8_0-1605137688005.png

It hasn't changed yet and seems like it probably isn't going to work but hopefully this info helps

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Nov 12, 2020 Nov 12, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Did the Team Project open eventually?
I also sent you PM.

Best,

Udo

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines