After Effects Problem - Premiere sequences not showing up

New Here ,
Dec 13, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

So I have a project that started in Premiere that will have several of the shots replaced with visual effects. I'm trying to get this project to sync correctly across the Team Projects platform.

All team members can open the projects, sequences, and files just fine in Premiere. We can upload and download latest changes correctly inside of Premiere as well.

Screen Shot 2016-12-13 at 4.47.24 PM.png

When the team project is opened up in After Effects it shows the premiere sequences as "missing".

Screen Shot 2016-12-13 at 4.48.44 PM.png

Since Team Projects doesn't allow you to actually save a project file, there is not physical copy on anyones machines to link. So I'm wondering how I fix this or if I should abandon the system for now. Based on the description of Adobe's youtube video showcasing Team projects which reads, "Karl Soule and Niels Stevens demonstrate Team Projects, a hosted collaboration service that will allow editors and motion graphics artists to work simultaneously in shared team projects within Adobe Premiere Pro CC, After Effects CC, and Adobe Prelude CC.", I feel like I'm doing something wrong.

Thanks in advance for your help and replies!

Dustin

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

1 Correct Answer

Adobe Employee , Dec 13, 2016
Ramesh_Encore Adobe Employee , Dec 13, 2016
Hi Dustin,There is this limitation in Team Projects Beta where the Premiere Sequence will not be supported in After Effects and the AE Composition will not be supported in Premiere Pro. But there is a workaround to your solution. (This feature is already on our priority list and we will be working on it).Now the workaround.In Premiere Pro, you go to Edit Menu -> Team Project -> Convert Team Project to Project. Save your team project as a local Premiere pro project.Now Launch After Effects and cr...

Translate

Translate
Jump to answer Jump to answer
Adobe Employee ,
Dec 13, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Dustin,

There is this limitation in Team Projects Beta where the Premiere Sequence will not be supported in After Effects and the AE Composition will not be supported in Premiere Pro. But there is a workaround to your solution. (This feature is already on our priority list and we will be working on it).

Now the workaround.

• In Premiere Pro, you go to Edit Menu -> Team Project -> Convert Team Project to Project. Save your team project as a local Premiere pro project.
  • Now Launch After Effects and create a new Team Project. In this team project, you can import the local premiere project which you created in step 1, just go to File Menu->Import-> Premiere Pro Project. It will give you choice to import all sequences and say OK on that dialog and all of your sequences will be in After Effects ready to be worked on.

Please let me know if this works for you.

Thanks,

Ramesh.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
DustinThaxtonBR AUTHOR LATEST
New Here ,
Dec 14, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank for the info Ramesh!

I'm glad to see features like these are being worked on for the future release. Until then I think I'll stick with older methods but I'll keep on out for the next round of Team Projects.

Best of luck

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines