• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Am I using 'Team Projects' for the right reason?

Explorer ,
Apr 25, 2018 Apr 25, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am the only person who works on my projects (Premiere and After Effects) so there is absolutely no 'collaboration' with other people needed. However, I have been creating Team Projects (as opposed to standard projects) simply so I can continue working on the same project on another machine.

I own 2 machines that I work on depending on whether I'm in the office or not. 27" iMac in the office and a Macbook Pro when working remotely. All my footage is kept on LaCie drives that I carry around, and connect to whichever machine I'm working on.

My question is; Am I using the Team Projects for the right reason, or is there a more appropriate way to work on the same project switching between 2 different machines fairly regularly?

I appreciate that when the Team Projects first became available, there were some glitches/alternate ways to make use of the Dynamic link function, but I think that has now been fixed (?).

Any advise would be appreciated, any I'll happily provide more info if clarification is needed.

Many thanks,

Matt

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Adobe Employee , Apr 25, 2018 Apr 25, 2018

Audiotechnical  wrote

Well, the 'Team Projects' part alone is not a paid service. There are about 20 licences used across my firm, so the reason we use Creative Cloud for Teams is based on other factors (managing/distribution licences).

So if I don't need to do it this way, can you suggest an alternative method (that doesn't involve re-linking source media each time I change machine)?

Hi Matthew,

You need to re-link Media if it is not on Shared storage. For more clarification refer the below help do

Votes

Translate

Translate
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You don't need Team Projects for what you're doing.  And since it's a paid service...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Well, the 'Team Projects' part alone is not a paid service. There are about 20 licences used across my firm, so the reason we use Creative Cloud for Teams is based on other factors (managing/distribution licences).

So if I don't need to do it this way, can you suggest an alternative method (that doesn't involve re-linking source media each time I change machine)?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Audiotechnical  wrote

Hi Matthew,

You need to re-link Media if it is not on Shared storage. For more clarification refer the below help document.

Or you can use project manager if your are switching from one platform to another and save it on a portable hard drive

Copy, consolidate, transcode, and archive your Adobe Premiere Pro project

Add media to a Team Project

//Vinay

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines