Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

CC2017 Team Editing - Thoughts?

Contributor ,
Nov 08, 2016 Nov 08, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi all,

I was excited a while back to hear Adobe was working on this feature, and finally in the Premiere Pro 2017 we have team editing.

Has anyone tried this new feature? Are you finding it effective? Are there limitations?

One of my concerns is the time lag of uploading changes to Creative Cloud to serve to other editors on your team. For big projects, I could see it taking more than a few minutes for changes to circulate.

Unfortunately, I am not a CC Business subscriber so I can't test myself at the moment.

TOPICS
Freeze or hang

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Nov 09, 2016 Nov 09, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Devyn Brugge,

Thanks for your interest in Team Projects (Beta). Here are some very useful links and FAQs:

Team Projects FAQ​

Working simultaneously in shared video projects​

Collaborate on shared video projects

Thanks,

Rameez

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Nov 16, 2016 Nov 16, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Ramee,

Thanks for the links on Teams.

I do have a question that I'm not finding the answer to though.

Is there an Adobe solution for when a collaborator creates new media ( Ae titles, etc. ) to upload to the rest of the Team?

With Adobe Anywhere, when a collaborator added new media it would automatically get pushed back to home base.

Thanks for any intel you can provide.

Andrew

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Nov 29, 2016 Nov 29, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Andrew,

We are glad that Team Projects is working good for you. Please keep providing your feedback.

Regarding your query, I am sorry I didn't get your query properly. If you are asking about dynamic link between Premiere Pro and After Effects then I am sorry this feature is currently not enabled for team projects. We have this feature in our top priority list and we will be looking into it soon.

If you are talking about the automatic transfer of the media (video, image, audio etc) file to shared storage in case of Adobe Anywhere ( our On-prem offering ), then that feature is not supported in Team Projects. This service does not manage media. Instead we give user the option to manage media the way they want. For this we have a feature called "Media Management" which is accessible via "Edit -> Team Projects -> Media Management".

Here you can do the following things:

• New Media Mapping: This is kind of relinking of media. You can link any media in the team project to the same media at another location convenient for you. For example if some collaborator has added any media from a network location but you have the same media in your local or external drive then you can create a new media mapping of that network media to your local media and still work on it. Any edit you make to this media will be available to all users once you share it. All these mappings you create apply only to you until you decide to share this mapping.
  • Copy to shared storage: This option will allow you to transfer you media file from one location to other. Generally you can use this to copy any media to shared storage which is not accessible by any other collaborator. If everybody has access to this shared location, then that media will be available to all other editors automatically.
  • Share Media Mapping: This option allows you to share all your media mappings created by using "New Media Mapping" with everybody else. Be careful while using this option. If you share your media mappings and other collaborators don't have access to the locations you were using media from, they will then see the media offline.
  • Edit Media Mapping: You can delete any of the created media mappings using this option.

Hope this helps.

Thanks,

Ramesh.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Nov 30, 2016 Nov 30, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for that helpful explanation. This may be useful for customers as well:

https://helpx.adobe.com/premiere-pro/how-to/team-project.html

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 30, 2017 Oct 30, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Ramesh,

Is it possible to copy media to CC for Filee then import that media directly into a PP Project so my team members will have access to them remotely?

Thanks!

Michael

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Oct 31, 2017 Oct 31, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Michael,

Yes, you can use the Creative Cloud Files folder to store the project media. But for your team members to be able to access that media, you will have to create a shared folder in CC (shared with your team members) and then use that shared folder to store both your project file and the project media.

Let me know if it helps.

Regards,

Ramesh.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you Ramesh for your response.

Currently, I am not able to see my Cloud files inside Premiere. I would like to update load, let’s say an image or audio file to my CC files folder and share that folder with my team member. Then I want to browse for the files in Premiere and import them in the project directly from my CC files folder, hoping that this would allow my team member to have access to all media without needing to access the files locally to their workstation.

Basically, I would like a solution that is similar to the way Video proxies work in Premiere.

Can CC files be used as a direct file repository like the how the proxies are used?

Thanks.

Michael

Sent from my iPhone

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Michael,

Currently, I am not able to see my Cloud files inside Premiere.

I am sorry but I didn't get the problem here. Do you mean than you have placed some files in CC files folder and now when you browse to import those files in Premiere Pro, you can't find those files in CC files anymore? If so, we might need to check what happened after you placed the files in CC files folder.

hoping that this would allow my team member to have access to all media without needing to access the files locally to their workstation.

Whenever you collaborate a folder in CCF with other user and the other user accept that collaboration, then any file you put in that shared folder, that file would be downloaded to other user's local CC files folder. And only when these files are downloaded to their local folder, the other user would be able to work with these files in any application.

So, just to answer your statement above, your team member would have to accept your invite on CC files folder and all files must have been downloaded to his/her CC files folder, only then he/she would be able to work with those files in Premiere Pro.

Hope I clarified some of your queries. Please let me know if you have follow up queries.

Regards,

Ramesh.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 01, 2017 Nov 01, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Ramesh,

Thank you again.

The first issue is that I personally cannot see the files I’ve uploaded to my CC files folder inside Premiere.

Can you tell me where I can find the CC Files folder in Premiere?

Michael

Sent from my iPhone

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Nov 01, 2017 Nov 01, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Michael,

You will have to import the files explicitly in Premiere Pro from CC files folder. The purpose of CC files folder is to share your assets with other or yourself on other machines. It doesn't directly work with Premiere Pro. If you have some media in CC files folder, you can import it in Premiere Pro and save the Premiere project in CCF (CC files folder) as well. This way you will be able to share both your project and media with the users.

But this is not an easy and intuitive way of collaborating with other video editors. The best way of collaborated video editing is to use Team Projects as it has built in support of managing your project metadata and keep track of changes you are doing in the project. Using CCF will increase the chances of conflicts and data loss in Premiere Project but Team Projects tries its best to avoid these situations with proper user feedback and options.

Regards,

Ramesh.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Devyn,

We're just getting our feet wet with Team Projects. (2 days in)

Fingers crossed, it seems to be pretty solid.

I'm replicating a short form project in tandem with a 2015.4 project containing about 2000 clips and 12 sequences.

It loads in about a minute. Sharing your changes seems to go a lot faster.

The workflow I'm testing is to bring in all the raw footage (at our shop), make proxies, organize bins and send out only the proxy media

to a external drive. Sent an invite to my own personal CC account. Connect the drive at home, except invite, point to where the media

lives on my drive at home and links up just great. Bonus, same with Ae.

Organization is key though as in folder/bin structure but that's a given.

Limitations - The first one I've found is that you can't copy clips from Pr and paste into Ae. Which really for what we would use teams

for, is not a deal killer. (Beta after all). There may be others I will find haven't spent enough time with eval.

Bottom line, we're excited about this direction. Not only for collaborating outside, but inside as well.

Keep it up Adobe . But also, please listen and respond.

Andrew

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for your response! Glad you're using it and it's working for your team. Can't wait to try it very soon.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Nov 28, 2016 Nov 28, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Moving to Team Projects forum.

Kevin

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Nov 29, 2016 Nov 29, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Devyn,

There might be some time lag between the changes being circulated to all editors depending on the network condition. Could you please let if the delay you mentioned was consistent every time a change was shared? If this is something that is very consistent, then we can see what is causing this delay.

Thanks,

Ramesh.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,
Dec 05, 2016 Dec 05, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Ramesh,

At the time of my OP I hadn't tried Team Editing yet — I was simply concerned that there might be lag with large projects upwards of 1000 assets.

However, I am happy to let you know that today I am now CC Teams subscriber and will actually be trying the Team editing out on a large film project(!) with a team that is working across the world.

My small tests today with a project that contains 800+ assets seems to work very well. Sharing changes doesn't take half as long as I expected.

My first thought was "OK, so now how do I save this project?" until I realised that the two arrows in the project window grab and share changes to and from the web, respectively. I wonder: what happens if Premiere Pro crashes? Will I loose my changes? I like to save a lot while I am editing, but was hoping I wouldn't have to Share my changes lots when nothing has been to significantly altered.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jan 24, 2017 Jan 24, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

There are some helpful posts which I created recently. Please let me know if these clear some of the confusions/doubts about team projects.

1. https://forums.adobe.com/thread/2267409

2. https://forums.adobe.com/thread/2267972

3. https://forums.adobe.com/thread/2267408

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

My first thought was "OK, so now how do I save this project?" until I realised that the two arrows in the project window grab and share changes to and from the web, respectively. I wonder: what happens if Premiere Pro crashes? Will I loose my changes? I like to save a lot while I am editing, but was hoping I wouldn't have to Share my changes lots when nothing has been to significantly altered.

You do not need to press the share button to get your personal changes into the Team Projects Service in Creative Cloud. Synchronization of your personal (unshared) changes happens automatically all the time. In addition, we have worked hard to make sure that your changes are always saved instantly locally. Even if you are not connected to the network -- for instance, if you take your laptop to the park with no wifi -- you can edit and your changes are auto-saved to your local computer. When the network is available, your changes will be synchronized to the Team Projects Service. When you are ready to share these changes with your collaborators, you should then press the share button to make those changes available to others.

Hope this helps,

Christian

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Dec 07, 2016 Dec 07, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Feature request - I'd like to be able to export/save as a "traditional" .prproj file at any point. Team Project collaboration seems great while in the midst of the edit, but once the job is complete and it's time to archive, I would not want my project stored in the cloud longterm.

I suppose exporting/importing timelines from the team project would be sufficient but I have not tested this within the project manager.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Dec 07, 2016 Dec 07, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

Saving of the Team Project as a traditional ".prproj" file is already supported in Premiere Pro. Just go to "Edit Menu -> Team Project -> Convert Team Project to Project..."

Please let me know if that is not working for you.

Thanks,

Ramesh.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 13, 2017 Jan 13, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm guessing the media has to be on each person's hard drive? Because I've mapped the media on my drive but the files are unlinked when my coworker pulls up the project on his.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Jan 23, 2017 Jan 23, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hey Alex,

Sorry took so long. Yes, you're correct.

We use proxies now to send to our editors so they don't need TB's of media

shipped to them.

It's important to create the proxy media and link it in your project before

sharing the project.

Hope that makes sense.

Andrew

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Oct 06, 2023 Oct 06, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi Community!

This post is from 2017. Locking. Please create a new post if you have this issue.

Thanks,
Kevin

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines