• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Change "Owner" of a Team Project (Team Collaboration)

Community Beginner ,
Feb 25, 2020 Feb 25, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Is there any way to change the "Owner" of a Team Project when using Team Collaboration? 

For example, if Amy creates the team project and invites Betty and Chris to collaborate, Amy is listed as the owner. If Amy later leaves the company, she needs to transfer ownership to Betty or Chris so they can continue to manage the project. 

Any official solutions or unofficial workarounds?

TOPICS
How to , User interface or workspaces

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

New Here , Oct 17, 2023 Oct 17, 2023

Has this changed or updated at all? wondering the same thing. I have an enterprise account.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe Employee ,
Feb 26, 2020 Feb 26, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,
unfortunately there is currently no convenient way to transfer a Team Project ownership.
As a workaround you could create a duplicate of the Team Project and then re-invite the collaborators.
So, if Betty opens the Team Project and chooses 'File > Save as...' a new instance of the Team Project is created with Betty as the owner. The caveat here is that the Team Project version history is not copied.

HTH,
Udo

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Feb 28, 2020 Feb 28, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for your response! I was afraid this was the case, but wanted to check in case I was missing something...I hope this feature becomes available in the future because it is a really important part of collaborating on work. 🙂

Mary

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Under an enterprise license you need an admin account with a special team projects capability, that allows for a dom call for 'SetOwner'. This option is not available for a Creative Cloud Team license.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Udo,

This is something that should be a standard part of Team Projects, whether via Enterprise license or not. It's a basic and completely predictable user need. Type of license doesn't even enter into the predictable need equation.

Nor into the user's sense of the worth of the application.

Neil

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Mar 02, 2020 Mar 02, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes, I absolutely agree. 

Thank you Neil.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Aug 21, 2020 Aug 21, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Udo, I'm glad you are on our side with this! Do you have any sense of when such a feature would be implemented as a standard feature in Team Projects? 

I'm part of an organization that has been making heavy use of Team Projects, and we have team members leaving who are owners of projects. This is something that is going to happen all the time. 

Thank you,

-Will

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 17, 2023 Oct 17, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Has this changed or updated at all? wondering the same thing. I have an enterprise account.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Oct 17, 2023 Oct 17, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

It has not yet change for individual and team licenses but under an enterprise license you need an admin account with a special team projects capability, that allows for a dom call for 'SetOwner'.  

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines