Constant conflicts

New Here ,
Apr 02, 2019 Apr 02, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am sharing a large project between myself and another editor. However, we are constantly getting conflict messages when we share our work with one another, even if I accept the shared version. Any future changes will come in conflict with what the other editor is doing. Am I missing something? Or doing something wrong?

Views

translate

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Apr 03, 2019 Apr 03, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Are you both making changes to the same sequence? If so, I would recommend splitting your work into multiple sequences, if possible. If you put all of your sub-sequences into a master sequence via nesting, then there should be no conflicts when you edit different sub-sequences.

If the conflicts are on media files, and you're using proxies, we have seen some cases where sharing changes before proxies have finished rendering could lead to footage being marked as edited when the proxies came online.

translate

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for responding, Peter!

We're not working on the same sequence. However, the "Share changes" arrow will appear even if I haven't made any changes to the project or a sequence. And those changes are reoccurring and always in conflict with the other editors.

translate

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Can you spot any pattern in which assets, or types of assets are getting marked as edited? Also, is there any chance that two or more people are logged in using the same Creative Cloud ID? If different people make changes to a Team Project using the same Creative Cloud ID, it can cause all sorts of unexpected changes, because changes made under one CC ID will be silently synced to any other system that's logged in with the same ID.

Also, which applications are you using with your Team Project? Premiere Pro, AE, AME, Prelude, or some combination?

translate

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I think it could be a morph effect that is giving us this conflict problem. However, we have split our film into 3 team projects (Act 1, 2, 3) and are still getting separate conflict messages in all 3 projects. Some of the conflicts are very vague in the description. For example, it'll tell us an asset on a certain sequence has been edited - not alot of detail to figure out which asset is giving us problems.

We are both using separate CC id's for this project.

We're using Premiere Pro and AE.

Thanks again!

translate

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

That's interesting. Is this a third-party effect? If it is updating its internal data every time you move the time bar, for example, that would result in many edits to the sequence or comps that filter was used in. I'll reach out to you via DM for more info.

translate

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
community guidelines