• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Converting Team Project to a standard (local) project?

Explorer ,
Nov 29, 2016 Nov 29, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Team,

I'm not able to find the correct procedure for converting a Team Project to a standard premiere project.

With Adobe Anywhere, we are able to convert a "Production" to a "Project".

Thank you,

Andrew

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Adobe Employee , Nov 29, 2016 Nov 29, 2016

Hi Andrew,

​

​If you are using Premiere Pro, then this option is there in Edit Menu (Edit->Team Project->Convert Team Project to Project).

Thanks,

Ramesh.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe Employee ,
Nov 29, 2016 Nov 29, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Andrew,

​

​If you are using Premiere Pro, then this option is there in Edit Menu (Edit->Team Project->Convert Team Project to Project).

Thanks,

Ramesh.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Nov 30, 2016 Nov 30, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Well that's embarrassing haha.

I was convinced it would be in the file menu.

Thanks, as always, Ramesh.

Andrew

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 31, 2016 Dec 31, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, I have a question about this. Is this the way to save a team project onto a local drive? Can I have one project saved as both a team project and a project on a local drive as a backup?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jan 02, 2017 Jan 02, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Rozg,

Exactly.

I have my remote editors doing it periodically as well as myself saving a "hard copy snapshot" of the projects.

i.e. Project XYZ-(editor initials)-(date)

Best,

Andrew

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 17, 2018 Sep 17, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Can you please let me know where is this same option for Prelude?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Sep 17, 2018 Sep 17, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I don't believe this option currently exists in Prelude. You can open the same Team Project in Premiere Pro, however, and save it as a local project from there.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
May 23, 2020 May 23, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

In the editor's bible, the first commandment is SAVE.

The 2nd commandment is SAVE. The 3rd commandment is SAVE.

As a film editor of over 25 years, i cannot sleep at night unless i know my project file is safely saved on my local drive.

This is our insurance policy. After every edit, SAVE. Millions and millions of dollars would have been lost in the film making process if we didn't follow this number one commandment in the editors bible. But Adobe for what ever reason, decided to ignore this fundamental process in its work flow on Team Projects. I fear that the designers of such software are not editors or film makers and are committing a great sacrilege. I am aware of the ability to convert a Team Project back to a regular tried and tested project. And that can be saved to ones local drive. But then if one is to follow the work flow that all editors have religiously followed since the advent of non linear editing on computers, then we would need to convert this Premiere Project file on our desk top back to a Team Project after every SAVE AS... This way we know that all the work is saved and not blindly rely on Adobe Cloud to look after, protect and insure that all the work is saved.  Thousands and thousands of edit decisions, and in a professional capacity, those decisions costing tens of thousands of dollars. And the designers at Adobe, think it's ok to have Adobe Cloud look after our work up there somewhere.  

Are Adobe also taking financial responsibility for any work lost? I fear if they did, the law suits would put Adobe out of business. Come on guys. Back to the drawing board or what ! Team projects is a bad design. A design that is in it's infancy and are using us editors and film makes as guinea pigs, so as we fail and lose our work, our hard earned money and our jobs,  Adobe can use our misfortune to better their products.  Team projects is a design that should not yet be out in the market place, until they get it right. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines