• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Duplicating a sequence with multi-camera clips creates bogus changes after sharing in a Team Project

Community Beginner ,
Jul 12, 2018 Jul 12, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Duplicating a sequence with a multi-cam clip causes that clip to be flagged as edited when the new sequence is downloaded to another edit station sharing the Team Project.

We have been having seeing this problem a lot, in a Team Project with lots of multi-camera clips shared between 2-3 edit stations.  Wondering if there is any fix, or if other people are having the same issue.

Here's a simple test case:

We have 2 edit systems, call them EditA and EditB sharing a Team Project.

The project contains a single multi-camera clip ("multiclip1") which is cut into a sequence ("seq1").

Both edit systems have shared all changes, so they are completely in sync --  the arrows for uploading and downloading changes are greyed out on both systems.

On EditA

--duplicate seq1, to produce "seq1 copy 01"

--EditA now has changes to share -- the upload arrow changes to white

--upload the changes -- the only changed asset that appears in the dialog window is "seq1 copy 01", as expected.

On EditB

--there are changes available -- the download arrow is white, but the upload arrow remains greyed out.

--download the shared changes.

--"seq 1 copy 01" appears in the project, as expected.

--As soon as the download is complete, multiclip1 is flagged as being edited in the project on EditB. The status column in the bin changes to "Edited", even though nothing has been changed.

--Edit B now has (bogus) changes to share.  The upload arrow has changed to white.

--share changes -- the only changed asset that appears in the dialog window is "multiclip1".

A couple other points:

--going the other direction produces the equivalent result -- i.e. if I start by duplicating a sequence on EditB, when the changed sequence is downloaded to EditA, multiclip1 is immediately flagged as edited on EditA.

--this doesn't happen every single time,  but over multiple test cycles it certainly happened at least 75% of the time. Not obvious why some times and not others.

--It appears to me this is primarily an issue with multicamera clips.  I haven't seen it happen with regular, subclips, titles, etc.

Our standard workflow is to start work on a sequence by duplicating it and vesioning up, and most of our sequences are full of multicamera clips.  So when the revised sequence is downloaded to other edit systems, all the multicam clips in the revised sequence get flagged as edited on the other systems, even though they are unchanged.

--Michael

We are working on trashcan Mac Pros:

EDITA: Mac Pro (late 2013), 2.7 GHz 12-Core Intel Xeon E5, 128 GB RAM, AMD FirePro D700, 6144 MB

EDITB: Mac Pro (Late 2013), 3.5 GHz 6-Core Intel Xeon E5, 32 GB RAM, AMD FirePro D700, 6144 MB

OS on both is Sierra 10.12.6

Premiere 12.1.1

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Adobe Employee , Jul 23, 2018 Jul 23, 2018

Have you had a chance to try this in Premiere 12.1.2 (released last week)? I know that we fixed a very similar bug in that release. If the problem still occurs in 12.1.2, let me know and I will make sure that a bug report is filed.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Beginner ,
Jul 23, 2018 Jul 23, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Anyone from Adobe monitoring these threads?  I think I've provided enough info to reproduce the issue.

Anyone reading this working with multi-camera clips and Team Projects on Mac without seeing this problem?

Thanks,

--Michael

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jul 23, 2018 Jul 23, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Have you had a chance to try this in Premiere 12.1.2 (released last week)? I know that we fixed a very similar bug in that release. If the problem still occurs in 12.1.2, let me know and I will make sure that a bug report is filed.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jul 25, 2018 Jul 25, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi Peter:

Thanks for this suggestion -- so far so good!  We updated our machines a couple days ago, and the problem has not recurred.  This has been dogging us for months, so it's great to have a fix.

Thanks,

--Michael

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines