Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Edit and merge captions using Team Project feature

Explorer ,
Feb 22, 2021 Feb 22, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello',

I am working projects with 4-5 people with the "Team Project" feature. It's perfect for my usage. But at the end of the project we have to work with all the people involved in the project on captioning.

Here is the issue : If the user1 is doing captions changes on sequence1 and user2 is doing the same thing (on sequence1) at the same time, then they both try to share their changes, Adobe Premiere cannot "merge" file with both users changes. When user1 use the "Share my changes", no problem, but if user2 wants to use the "Share my changes" feature too,  Adobe Premiere tries to resolve conflicts. Problem is that I can only choose to keep user1 sequence1 OR user2 sequence1. Is there a trick to truly "merge" user1 and user2 sequence1 ? If it is not possible can you tell me what workflow I could use to make possible the captions multiple users editing ? Thank you for your help !

Of course I could split the sequence and tell peopl to edit 10mn each but.... it doesn't look a "pro" workflow...

TOPICS
FAQ , How to

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Feb 22, 2021 Feb 22, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

No, as you noted, you can't pick & choose parts of each edit.

And to me, it seems odd to have people working the same bit of sequence at the same time, I'd consider that rather non-professional. So yes, assign who's working on what. That's how it's done everywhere in the big long-form production situations I've heard of. And by my friends who work a lot of b-cast material.

Multiple people working the same sequence simultaneously is normally considered an invitation to disaster. TP can handle us users doing something like that, but ... hey ... just because you can don't mean it's wise, you know?  😉

Neil

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Feb 23, 2021 Feb 23, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Ok so the idea is to split the sequence, assign each sub-sequence to each people working on the project and at the end create a "merged" sequence with all "sub-sequences".

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Feb 23, 2021 Feb 23, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Yes, something like that.

Jarle Leirpoll teaches to break every project into sequences basically by scene, or for long scenes, sometimes even part of a scene at a time. Primarily because that makes it very easy to quickly look at any one sequence and see what is going on. And it's very easy then to manage the total project by dropping them into the main sequence as nests.

That works for much collaborative work also. It breaks the work up into the constituent parts, easy to assign X part to Y worker. And then track how each person is doing on their assignments.

Neil

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines