• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

HELP! DELETED CLIPS BY MISTAKE! TEAM PROJECT AUTOSAVE!?

Community Beginner ,
Mar 13, 2017 Mar 13, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've been working on a Team Project but I never shared changes because I am the only person working on it at the time being. I'm used to autosave. I worked all day on this sequence, but at some point in the past hour or 2 a big chunk of it got deleted by mistake I don't know how. (Maybe in out Then got deleted when I removed some clip - Selection is accident prone in AP I guess)

How do I revert to the version of the project that is one hour or 2 hours back!?

Please LMK ASAP!

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Go to your auto save or your  manual Back Up.  ie Save Copy as

Guessing that you dont have this routine..so ...start again.

Selection is accident prone in AP I guess

Nope...User Error. Take responsibilty.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It's a Team Project. Auto-Save who? Adobe claims you can revert to anything...apparently it's not the case...AVID Attic would've solved the prob in 30 secs or less...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Mar 14, 2017 Mar 14, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

ronk83158451  wrote

Adobe claims you can revert to anything...

Where does it say that?

Auto save is the way to go but better is if you have on a regular base a copy saved to another drive.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 13, 2017 Jul 13, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes; user error; but also Adobe issue with Auto Save feature not auto saving.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

In Team Projects we do Auto Save every change. The current issue is that this functionality is not exposed to the end user. We are working very hard to bring this UI to you all so you can see and manage your Auto-Saves.

In the meantime if you have a problem, please call our Technical Support department and they can help you revert to a previous Auto Save version.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Mar 14, 2017 Mar 14, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Schofield's Second Law of Computing states that data doesn't really exist unless you have at least two copies of it.

from here:

Follow Schofield's Three Laws of Computing and avoid disasters | ZDNet

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
May 18, 2017 May 18, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sorry to hear about this issue.

Currently there is no way for you to view the internal saves that we do (think Auto Save). We are working on this 🙂

If you are available we can try and recover this info for you?

Paul

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi; I had the exact same issue...... I saw the auto-save pop up happen many times over the past couple hours... then I noticed a big chunck ( 1st half ) of the sequence had been deleted somewhere along the line.  But now when I check my auto save folder there are no new autosaves in there..... the most recent autosave in the auto-save folder is from another project and over 24 hours ago.

I have my autosave folder inside my dropbox; ( so my autosaves are backed up to the cloud ) ... but dropbox isn't showing my autosaves either ( not in the folder or in the deleted items ) .

Is there a location where these auto-saves might be hiding?

Thanks for any ideas!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines