• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

How can two editors work on the same timeline simultaneously?

New Here ,
Sep 14, 2017 Sep 14, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi!

We've been testing out Team Project in Premiere Pro and cannot figure out how could two editors work on the same timeline simultaneously?

One at a time is certainly no problem as no conflicts ever occurs.

But if one works on the ending and another one on the intro let's say, then whoever accepts 'Shared Changes' first loses all his work.

I see how when resolving conflicts, I can copy & rename my version and then accepts his, but this only duplicates our timelines, correct?

My new changes never make it onto his? I'm confused...

Anyone could shed a light on what it is I'm missing here?

Thanks

TOPICS
FAQ

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Sep 14, 2017 Sep 14, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It's not currently possible for more than one editor to make changes on the same timeline (sequence) in Team Projects.

If you need to work together on a single large timeline, you might consider avoiding these conflicts by breaking the timeline up into scenes, reels, or acts.

Christian

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Sep 27, 2017 Sep 27, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

As christiane4686395​ says, the system works best when only one person edits a given sequence at a time. In the case you describe, though, where two editors have edited the same sequence and one resolves the conflict by choosing the "copy & rename" option, that person can then both open both the master sequence and the copy in different timeline windows and merge the changes using copy and paste, or drag and drop. For example, if you know that all of your changes happened after 1:05:30, you can marquee select everything after that time in your copy of the timeline, copy, then paste into the shared copy of the sequence and share the new, merged, version.

If you know in advance that you'll be working on different sections of a sequence, you can created nested sequences and edit in the separate sub-sequences and there will be no conflicts to resolve.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines