• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

How to create Adobe Anywhere server, for premiere pro team project?

New Here ,
Jul 10, 2017 Jul 10, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

How do I create an Adobe Anywhere server, and connect to it, to use it for a team project in premiere pro?

TOPICS
How to

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi JakeDesigns,

Thanks for posting in Adobe Forums. Do you want to set up a new Adobe Anywhere Production? Please check the article for instructions

Premiere Pro and Adobe Anywhere

Note: Adobe Anywhere is currently available only for Creative Cloud for enterprise customers.

Thanks,

Vidya.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 11, 2017 Jul 11, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes, I have read this, and I would like to create an Adobe Anywhere server, for my enterprise.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Jul 14, 2017 Jul 14, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi JackDesigns,

Creating an Adobe Anywhere setup is pretty complex and expensive.

I know, we have it.

You need some pretty beefy servers (minimum of 3) All running Windows Server OS.

One as the Anywhere Hub which is the "traffic controller" and the others are Mercury Streaming Engines that have Tesla cards

that do all the heavy lifting as far as compressing and pushing the video stream out to the clients (other editors)

Plus, you need a pretty fat pipe to send and receive the data efficiently. And if your editor doesn't have a consistent internet

it can be very laggy and frustrating to work with. As well as a very high end switch.

To manage projects and setup outside editors, it's fairly complicated and takes a bit of attention.

To be completely honest, since Adobe Team Projects came along, we've been using that.

Now we make light weight proxy media of all camera footage and send to an editor and the only thing

being pushed over the internet is the Premiere project or Team Project.

For files that are created either by you or the outside editor (graphics, vo, etc...) we use shared CC Files folders.

Don't get me wrong, it's a brilliant idea and has it's place for certain applications.

But for small to medium places like us, Team Projects are the way to go. IMHO

Hope that helps a bit.

Andrew

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,
Sep 27, 2017 Sep 27, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Andrew,

I hope you don't mind me jumping in here - I've been looking for people who are running Adobe Anywhere to ask if it really works - you've kind of answered part of that for me

So what kind of investment did you need to make for the servers and cards etc? Was/is there no cloud based alternative e.g. in AWS etc (I'm guessing not as it has very specific hardware requirements).

Have you automated your proxy generation and sharing and do you share using any kind of digital asset management system?

Finding out a bit more about how you do it would be very interesting as we're part of a new startup that needs to create a very large amount of digital content (AR, video, animation, images etc) and need to build a new team of content creators who will likely be working remotely.

Many thanks,

Paul.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Oct 02, 2017 Oct 02, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Paul,

The hardware investment was significant, just under $100k.

3 enterprise class servers with Tesla cards, 10G and 8G fiber cards new switch etc.

We had an existing SAN which is your storage as you are housing all media assets (not cloud)

Anywhere requires a DAM to ingest media into a production, so we had to invest in that as well.

Hope that is what info you were looking for.

Keep in mind, Anywhere only works with the Premiere Pro and Prelude apps.

No After FX or Audition, etc...

Sent from my iPad

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Oct 03, 2017 Oct 03, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Many thanks, that’s really helpful. Which DAM did you go for?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Premiere Pro Team links https://forums.adobe.com/thread/2234035 may help

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines