I can't seem to get team projects to work

New Here ,
Oct 08, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, I've just started using team projects and the collaboration feature. However, I haven't been able to get it to work again with my collegue. the issue we have is that my collegue cannot see any changes in the timeline. His timeline is empty, but for me I have a completed edit. I can share my changes and he can accept those changes, but the timeline remains empty on his side. I have no idea what to do to fix this issue and so far we havent been able to utilise the collaboration feature at all. If I could get some assistance that would be great.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
Adobe Community Professional ,
Oct 08, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Team Projects are quite a bit different in project setup. And sadly the documentation is NOT adequate. That said, once you understand them, it's a pretty awesome workflow. Just a nasty learning curve on a tightrope.

If his sequences are empty ... and yes, he would still need to move a sequence from a bin to the timeline ... but once he's done so, if it is an empty sequence ... I'm guessing you don't properly have the media mapped on your machines.

For TP work, you need to have one person as the project head, who loads media onto his/her machine and imports to Premiere. Having a good file structure for that media included in the delivery of the media to the other members is needed.

For everyone else, they need to get the media from the project master, and place the media on their machine using the same file structure on disc as the master. But they do NOT import the media!

Team members NEVER NEVER NEVER import media via the project panel or the 'normal' functions in the Media Browswer panel!

First thing for team members to do is select then open the Team Project from their Media Browser lower Team Projects area.

Then use Edit/Team Projects/Media Management to bring up the full Media Management dialog.

TeamProjects Media Management Dialog.PNG

Using the Online: Local Media Mapping tab, navigate to the folder tree with the project assets, click on a folder in the tree, and you should be able to connect the media.

At that point, any team member should have sequences from the project with the media and other assets properely showing.

If you're having further troubles, reply back using the BLUE button of the top post for the page and list the details of how the project has been created, media shared, project shared, and linking attempts by team members.

Neil

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
New Here ,
Oct 09, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Neil, thank you for getting back. I appreciate the assistance. Sorry I'm a complete novice at all this stuff so it will have to be dumbed down. So I have located the media in the management tab and connected it. My collegue now has the edited sequence, however it doesn't show all the adjstments and cuts in his timeline. Only as one big video.

Is this how it will look for him when he recieves my changes?

Will it look like this for my collegue?Will it look like this for my collegue?This is how my collegue see's the edit on his endThis is how my collegue see's the edit on his endThis is what the edit looks like on my collegues end

I created the project as a team project and put my captured video and audio paths into the scratch disks.

As for the media management. the RAW footage has been put into the creative cloud files as shown below. The video files are in my E drive path, however it doesnt show that they are in the media management window. it only shows in the CC folder.2de6afd4d0069dc85011bc4830191d73.png  

If I'm doing something completely wrong, please let me know. I feel that the more i fiddle with it, the worse I'm making things 

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Adobe Community Professional ,
Oct 09, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Ah ... file storage. They should be on your local computer ... and the other team members should have the same files available on their computers.

You can of course use drop-box services, ship drives, or ... you can create same-name files that are a much smaller size for use over drop-box type services to send to team members ... with the understanding that you would have to be the one to actually export media as you have the full quality media.

Neil

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Nov 07, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

I wanted to reach out and see if you are still having difficulties getting editing Chan ages properly shared across users? My name is Michael Goshey and I’m an Engineering Manager here at Adobe on the Team Projects Team. I’d be happy to connect and help out as needed. Feel free to reach me directly at mgoshey@adobe.com .

Looking forward to connecting with you. 

Regards,

michael

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines