• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Linking issue Former team project (media cache files not relinking)

New Here ,
Jan 04, 2018 Jan 04, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

My team and i recently began a team project - but then I had to go on the road so cloned the drive while one editor continued editing so that I could also work (in the jungle away from internet).

When I returned (and before went on the road again) I converted the project to a regular project. (not team)

This morning in a rush to deliver the project I saved the project to the shared NAS storage at my office. I also redirected the Media cache and Media files cache to the NAS.

This afternoon I started getting 'Error while writing to drive' warnings. And then 'Disc Error while writing to file' and then 'Error while trying to access drive'

So I closed down and reopened. And now all my media is offline. When I highlight the clips and attempt to relink the clips, the usual like-for-like (can't find x, relink to X) that usually results in Premiere automatically relinking ALL the files DOES NOT WORK - because it's trying to link the file (with a regular name) to what i can only imagine are Media Cache files with huge extensions (which do wayyyy down the pathway use the same file name) - OR SOME new type of file created in the cloud when this project was still a TEAM project (?). Believing these files to be cache files  I tried to direct the RELINK media tool towards the Media Cache folder on my NAS shared folder the folder appears empty or at least it won't let me see what is inside the folder to attempt relinking.

The work around is highlighting my entire sequence of mostly red offline clips and manually redirecting every single file to the appropriate original camera master, or pulled footage bins (rather than the cached files with the really long names).

After 6 hours of doing this, I can't help thinking that somewhere on my computer are the files it's looking for - but because they are media cache files OR the product of something created while this project was still a team project. But I cannot see the files and I cannot find them using the RELINK MEDIA tool anyway (even if I could find them inside a regular Finder window).

Any help?

Also - I am now extremely worried about shutting down the project in case it loses these links again. Should I consolidate the project to somewhere entirely new and clean to try to protect against some corruption that may have happened as a result of turning this project from a TEAM project to a regular project.

Any help?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jan 05, 2018 Jan 05, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Although I don't think your problem is related to your project's former life as a Team Project, could you share one of the paths with a huge extension that you mention?

For what it's worth, Team Projects should work while you are in the jungle. You can edit while you aren't connected to the Internet; when you reconnect, all of your work should be automatically transferred to the cloud.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines