Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Linking LocatorID error

New Here ,
Feb 14, 2018 Feb 14, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi!

We tested out the team project-function a while back. It worked great. We also used the attach proxies, and that also worked.

But now, a few updates later I'm trying to open the team project and it doesn't work. It starts to load inn the projects (blue bars), but then closes down and nothing happens.

Luckily we have a backup. However in the backup file, we have problems with the linking of the raw material. It shows up like this in filename when trying to re-link:

{"locatorID":"numbers and letters"............error link.jpg

So I would have to link one by one to get it in. The only solution I have come up with is to re-attach the proxies. That works but takes a lot of time, and we will not be able to switch back to the raw before grading.

Do you know any solutions?

I will be very careful to use any new features in premiere in the future. This is very very expecive.

Tord

TOPICS
Error or problem

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jan 03, 2019 Jan 03, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Great find! We're still working on a fix for the underlying problem, but we've just tested your workaround in-house and confirmed that it works for most files that we tested. When only "Clip ID" is checked under "Matching Properties," the Locate code will search the XMP metadata of your media files, looking for one with the same Dublin Core "identifier" field as the clip had when the project file was last updated.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Participant ,
Jan 07, 2019 Jan 07, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

PeterELee​ When you say it searches the XMP metadata of the media files, will that only work if "Write XMP ID to files on import" has been checked?  We don't have that checked on our workstations.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes, I suspect you need to have had that option checked when you imported the media. I can't say for certain, though. If you don't have that option checked, I think its possible that some file formats will already have embedded XMP clip IDs, depending on how they were ingested.

If the ClipID fix doesn't work for you, and you have standalone projects with this issue, PM me. I have a script that can correct the issue in many cases.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Haven't run into the issue in a bit, but I will let you know if we see it again.  Thanks!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 05, 2019 Feb 05, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello there! I am trying the clipid fix and it is stalling out for me. I will send you a pm to see if your script can help us out. We are in dire straights.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 14, 2019 Feb 14, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The problem seems far from solved.

Running a couple of stand alone projects on PC in version 13. and the Locator ID thing is spreading like a cancer.

Most of the fixes posted here does not work and even if I relink all my files (one by one...) the file and all the backup files will save as "corrupt" (missing links). I have tried  to import in to new files, convert back and forth to team project etc.

Really hoping that the script of yours is going to work. This is very frustrating, time consuming and expensive. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Feb 15, 2019 Feb 15, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Welcome to Team Projects!  The water cooler is on the left over here and we do Happy Hours ever 2nd Wednesday of the Month. Our motto here is "Use Team Projects once for the experience but don't bother trying it again...once is enough" 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Seriously though. your best bet is trying to go back to a previously saved version in AutoSaves before this happened. Revert you project back to non-team and copy your timeline into a new timeline.  It's been a while but that worked for us.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What JG said. Your only real hope is an old auto save before the virus started to spread. Once you find one take that thing off team projects as quickly as possible.  And save in multiple places.  Good luck and never try team projects again.  This bug is awful and In My Opinion team projects should be killed until it is sorted.  If there is a bug that has the potential of ruining a whole project after months of work it should be treated more seriously than a single thread on the forums.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi and thanks!

The thing is that it´s not a team project. 

Already went back to a working auto save a couple of days ago. But the problem came back and all files and backups back to that point is now affected. To me it looks like that the files corrupt when I save them. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Was it ever a team project? Try taking an auto save that works. Making it a team project then reconverting it back to not a team project.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

No, it was not. I did try to do just as you suggested once.  It resulted in that the timeline was lost.  I then re linked  all files (again) and copy/pasted in the timeline. This worked once. I have not been able to make it work again.   But this was also lost next time I opened the project.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

That is quite worrying that you are having this issue with never having it as a Team Project. The only thing I can think of trying is taking all the media putting it on a new drive/server and taking a project before the bug and relinking to the new drive.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Fixing these issues is one of our team's highest priorities. In every case we have seen so far with Premiere CC 2019, they have been triggered by copying assets from a Team Project to a standalone Premiere project, and only manifest in the Premiere project, usually after quitting and relaunching Premiere. The problem also occurred sometimes in Premiere CC 2018 when saving a Team Project as a standalone project.

We believe the project conversion bug is fixed in the current Premiere CC 2019 build. We have identified the source of the copy/pasted/import problems in CC 2019 and earlier, and are working on a fix for the next version of Premiere, as well as code to let Premiere handle media from project files that already have damaged file paths.

In the mean time, the best approach is generally to either work entirely in a Team Project or a standalone project file. If you need to move selected assets between a Team Project and a standalone project, first upgrade to the latest Premiere build, then use a two stage process of copying the selected assets into a new Team Project, then converting that Team Project to a standalone project file. That approach seems to be working reliably.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
May 31, 2019 May 31, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This is happening for my team with XML exports for all Team Projects as of Premiere Version 13.1.2 Build 9 macOS 10.14.5. Every XML export that we do from a team project completely borks the <pathurl> to something like this:

<pathurl>file://localhost/{"contentStateId"%3a"3ca5ef04-5d84-d9a8-386a-845a0000002c","displayName"%3a"[WCAS-CyS]%20Ropple_Burkart_B_T002.MOV","docId"%3a"630d5f90-314d-0d4c-4de7-765f0000002c","fileProperties"%3a{"mCreationTime"%3a"2019-01-09T14%3a22%3a35","mFilePath"%3a"/Volumes/CTE%20Productions/Online%20Courses/WCAS/[WCAS-CYSEC]/02%20Assets/01%20Video/01%20OG/[WCAS-SyC]%20Ropple%20and%20Jain%20Interviews/[WCAS-CyS]%20Ropple_Burkart_B_T002.MOV","mModificationTime"%3a"2019-04-04T19%3a40%3a04","mSize"%3a12453678488},"href"%3a"eamedia%3a//media/Online%2520Courses/WCAS/%255BWCAS-CYSEC%255D/02%2520Assets/01%2520Video/01%2520OG/%255BWCAS-SyC%255D%2520Ropple%2520and%2520Jain%2520Interviews/%255BWCAS-CyS%255D%2520Ropple_Burkart_B_T002.MOV","mediaSourceDescription"%3a{"mAudioStreams"%3a[{"mAudioChannelLayout"%3a[{"channellabel"%3a0}],"mAudioFrameRate"%3a{"ticksperframe"%3a5292000},"mAudioSampleType"%3a4},{"mAudioChannelLayout"%3a[{"channellabel"%3a0}],"mAudioFrameRate"%3a{"ticksperframe"%3a5292000},"mAudioSampleType"%3a4},{"mAudioChannelLayout"%3a[{"channellabel"%3a0}],"mAudioFrameRate"%3a{"ticksperframe"%3a5292000},"mAudioSampleType"%3a4},{"mAudioChannelLayout"%3a[{"channellabel"%3a0}],"mAudioFrameRate"%3a{"ticksperframe"%3a5292000},"mAudioSampleType"%3a4}],"mDuration"%3a{"ticks"%3a354007429776000},"mInstanceString"%3a"{/"locatorID/"%3a/"c71ab17f-2f57-8f6f-80b5-922b53bce9c7-3ca5ef04-5d84-d9a8-386a-845a0000002c/"}","mStreamGroups"%3a[{"mAudioIndex"%3a0,"mFilePath"%3a"/Volumes/CTE%20Productions/Online%20Courses/WCAS/[WCAS-CYSEC]/02%20Assets/01%20Video/01%20OG/[WCAS-SyC]%20Ropple%20and%20Jain%20Interviews/[WCAS-CyS]%20Ropple_Burkart_B_T002.MOV","mTitle"%3a"[WCAS-CyS]%20Ropple_Burkart_B_T002.MOV","mVideoIndex"%3a0},{"mAudioIndex"%3a1,"mFilePath"%3a"/Volumes/CTE%20Productions/Online%20Courses/WCAS/[WCAS-CYSEC]/02%20Assets/01%20Video/01%20OG/[WCAS-SyC]%20Ropple%20and%20Jain%20Interviews/[WCAS-CyS]%20Ropple_Burkart_B_T002.MOV","mTitle"%3a"[WCAS-CyS]%20Ropple_Burkart_B_T002.MOV"},{"mAudioIndex"%3a2,"mFilePath"%3a"/Volumes/CTE%20Productions/Online%20Courses/WCAS/[WCAS-CYSEC]/02%20Assets/01%20Video/01%20OG/[WCAS-SyC]%20Ropple%20and%20Jain%20Interviews/[WCAS-CyS]%20Ropple_Burkart_B_T002.MOV","mTitle"%3a"[WCAS-CyS]%20Ropple_Burkart_B_T002.MOV"},{"mAudioIndex"%3a3,"mFilePath"%3a"/Volumes/CTE%20Productions/Online%20Courses/WCAS/[WCAS-CYSEC]/02%20Assets/01%20Video/01%20OG/[WCAS-SyC]%20Ropple%20and%20Jain%20Interviews/[WCAS-CyS]%20Ropple_Burkart_B_T002.MOV","mTitle"%3a"[WCAS-CyS]%20Ropple_Burkart_B_T002.MOV"}],"mVideoStreams"%3a[{"mCodecTypeFourCC"%3a"apcs","mFieldType"%3a0,"mHasFields"%3atrue,"mPixelAspectRatio"%3a{"denominator"%3a1,"numerator"%3a1},"mVideoFrameRate"%3a{"ticksperframe"%3a10594584000},"mVideoFrameRect"%3a{"mBottom"%3a1080,"mLeft"%3a0,"mRight"%3a1920,"mTop"%3a0}}]},"volumeProperties"%3a{"mFriendlyName"%3a"CTE%20Productions","mHostName"%3a"169.254.100.116","mNetworkMountURL"%3a"smb%3a//169.254.100.116/CTE%2520Productions","mPath"%3a"/Volumes/CTE%20Productions/","mVolumeType"%3a1}}</pathurl>

Instead of this:

<pathurl>file://localhost/Volumes/CTE%20Productions/Online%20Courses/WCAS/[WCAS-CYSEC]/02%20Assets/01%20Video/01%20OG/[WCAS-SyC]%20Ropple%20and%20Jain%20Interviews/[WCAS-CyS]%20Ropple_Burkart_B_T002.MOV</pathurl>

I don't know what all that business in the top example is, but it is wreaking havoc with media linking for going to a color session in Resolve.

I even did a test to see if Premiere could read its own language from the top example, and on import it has no idea where the media is and the relink dialogue shows the same "LocatorID" wacky string for the location as in earlier posts to this thread. This occurs even when importing the XML back into the same project it came from with the referenced media already online in the project.

Newly created Team Projects exhibit this same behavior, on all 4 machines in our team.

AAF and EDL exports also exhibit this same difficulty in locating media.

Luckily, there is at least a workaround: copy the sequence into a "local" Premiere Pro Project (drag and drop) and then export the XML, AAF or EDL from there. This seems to fix Premiere's ability locate the media (which is actually online in the project anyway... ¯\_(ツ)_/¯ ) We send a lot of sequences to color, so this is not really an ideal solution!

Anyone else seeing this problem?

Does Adobe have any ideas about this particular issue? Any help would be greatly appreciated!

Thanks

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
May 31, 2019 May 31, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

We discovered this file export issue post release and are aware of this bug, a fix is forthcoming in one of the next updates.
In the meantime, copying the sequence to a local project (as you already did) or converting the entire Team Project to a local project before exporting to XML is the recommended workaround.

Thanks for your post and passing along the workaround that works for you.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jun 06, 2019 Jun 06, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you for your reply to this, Udo, and acknowledging that the dev team is aware of this rather impactful issue.

I would like to point out that converting the entire Team Project into a local Premiere Pro Project does not function as a workaround. XML exports resulting form this process exhibit the same issue that I described above.

Only dragging the sequence into a new local Premiere Pro Project and exporting an XML works for our team.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Aug 07, 2019 Aug 07, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

FYI, this issue is still present after the most recent update to Premiere 13.1.4 Build 2. After more than two months this fundamental function remains broken and it continues to throw a frustrating wrench in our (rather common) workflow.

When can we expect a fix for this?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Aug 09, 2019 Aug 09, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I confirmed that the problem still exists in Premiere_13.1.4.
Although we're actively working on a solution, I cannot provide a definite fix date.
Thank you.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Aug 12, 2019 Aug 12, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I would like to add that my above mentioned workflow of copying a sequence that needs to go out for color into a local project is no longer working reliably as of Premiere 13.1.4 Build 2. I'm not sure why that is, but some sequences work, and others just will not export a proper XML.

I can get the XML to work by removing all the extra junk from each <pathurl>, but who wants to do that for every individual media file in a sequence every time?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 02, 2019 Mar 02, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

SOLUTION CONFIRMATION: Version 13.03 Buld 9. We had the same problem with this LocatorID replacing the file path. It also destroyed the name so the find media / relink multiple wouldn't work. After scanning the above, I tried opening the project with offline material, converting to Team Project, closing project and quitting Premiere, then reopening and it's all magically OK. Then we convert back to local file.

What a shamozzle Adobe. After more than a year, still happening. Madness.

Good luck to all of you who are suffering.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines