Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Linking LocatorID error

New Here ,
Feb 14, 2018 Feb 14, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi!

We tested out the team project-function a while back. It worked great. We also used the attach proxies, and that also worked.

But now, a few updates later I'm trying to open the team project and it doesn't work. It starts to load inn the projects (blue bars), but then closes down and nothing happens.

Luckily we have a backup. However in the backup file, we have problems with the linking of the raw material. It shows up like this in filename when trying to re-link:

{"locatorID":"numbers and letters"............error link.jpg

So I would have to link one by one to get it in. The only solution I have come up with is to re-attach the proxies. That works but takes a lot of time, and we will not be able to switch back to the raw before grading.

Do you know any solutions?

I will be very careful to use any new features in premiere in the future. This is very very expecive.

Tord

TOPICS
Error or problem

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 02, 2018 May 02, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Tord,

I just came across your issue here and it seems we're having the same problem of offline files not being able to correctly link back with strange "locatorID" info.

Have you managed to get any answers on this from Adobe yet? I'm thinking team projects is not yet ready for "primetime".  Thanks much in advance for any help you can provide!

John

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

We had the same issue.  We decided to finally go ahead and use Team Project because we had a tight deadline and now all of our media went offline. The link media function is useless now because all of the media lost it's path so you need to link everything individually.  We have 4 TB of media to relink and a tight deadline. We only used team project because it was out of Beta and Adobe has been showing it off a lot lately at trade shows. Is there any work around for this?  Even if I relink the media who's to say it doesn't go offline again?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Also have an issue where we converted a Team Project Back to a normal project and edited fine for a few days and then all of the media went offline and is missing it's path. It just has the LocatorID ......

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am having the same issue.

Here is a photo of our issue.

Screen Shot 2018-05-02 at 5.53.58 PM.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
May 10, 2018 May 10, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This too has been a huge issue for me. It has continually closed down the application as well mid Link. I was frustrated with having two projects come to a grinding halt due to these linking issues through the Teams version of Premiere that I had to call into Adobe and insist that we go back to the plans for individuals. Even still, with rebuilt projects from the Teams version into the local project, without transferring between editors, I am having my media fall offline.

My only solution is to be quite methodical in re-linking the media one at a time, but it is quite a tedious task with huge projects. If the problem continues, I will be forced to rebuild the projects from the ground up with an XML readout of the timelines or something, to be honest, I don't know but this problem is keeping me from wanting to move forward much with the projects.

Unfortunately, CC for Teams is not ready for prime-time. Adobe needs to take notice that these features should be Beta tested by users who acknowledge the risks without putting their primetime projects on the line. Until such a time, they should not be pushing this development out on working professionals.

Again, while I haven't tested it, my solution to this problem is to re-link the media, push the sequences out to XML and rebuild the timelines on a native offline new project.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Furthermore, do not attempt to relink any file that is "processing"... Thus, each file needs to fully load in the Re-Link Media box before clicking okay, or else it will crash your project.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Here seems to be the basic solution for now:

Offline your clips, if they haven't already done so.

Re-link your clips, ideally at the same time, maybe one at a time.

DO NOT re-link before the "processing" indication goes away or it will crash Premiere.

Once you have your media back online, export XML data of your sequences. (EDL may work too)

Create a new project that is a local project.

Import your XML files (your media will import too).

As I did a search through the XML using a wordpad reader, I did not find any "LocatorID" information, and actually saw the native linking listed throughout it, so ideally you've shed the LocatorID stuff by now.

As far as I can tell, I have not found a way to easily re-link my subclips, but will post if I find something. We edit by subclipping Broll on big projects, so we've got 100's to re-link.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Tord,

First, I am sorry that you are having issues.

Second, you mentioned that you had a backup of the project.  Would it be possible if you could post a link to it in a direct message along with some of the media/proxies for the clip and explain which project item that the media belongs to? 

For the others in this thread, have you tried using the media management dialog within edit/team project/media management rather then offline/link media?  Media management allows you to make changes which are machine specific to the location of the media that don't impact all users that is accessing the team project.  Link media and make offline make global changes to the team project that impact all users. 

Check out the media management section of Add media to a Team Project

-Nate

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Would you have a solution for those of us who have taken our projects back offline from the Teams version and are still encountering this linking issue? That seems to be the general consensus from the thread users.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
May 11, 2018 May 11, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hey Mccdrew,

Just like I said with Tord, if you could post a link to it in a direct message along with some of the media/proxies for the clip and explain which project item that the media belongs, I will have a better idea as to what is going on.

-Nate

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 06, 2018 Jul 06, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Nate - I am having this exact issue with my project file.  It was a team project a few weeks ago, I converted it back to a regular project and have been working fine. But then I opened it up this morning and now I'm getting 99% locater ID offline files across the entire project. 

Please help!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

ian, I troubleshooted so many different things, the only solution we found was an auto save from a few days before the issue occurred, then we backed that file up a ton, and tried importing into a new project. Basically you want to find a way to relink all the files without the locator ID.  Having the files online from the auto save will only last a day or so before the issue comes back, you want to knock 1 file offline and if it gives you locator ID you need to go to a different auto save. Once you find a file where an offline clip doesn't give you locator ID, knock all files offline and relink, you should be cured. We also were successful with doing a media managed project of the current timeline from a working autosave.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

thanks for the quick response. not sure i fully understand.   could you please be a little more specific in the steps?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I did go back and find a project file that has some of the media still linkable, though it's media that was on a separate drive and not my main editing drive.  all the files that are linked on my main editing drive are getting the located ID error...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 21, 2018 May 21, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have been working on a team project for the first time for the last month or so.

Last week we encountered an issue where one of my colleagues changes weren't sharing. (He wasted a day of work because of this).

"Share changes" was being clicked as you would expect and appeared to be working his end although they were not arriving in my project as they should so we had no idea it wasn't working until too late.

Then a day later after we had managed to recover some of his 'lost' edits (the others had to be redone) all of the media went offline.

At this point we decided never to use team projects again as we can't afford to waste any more days where changes go missing and unshared and media goes offline.

Normally when 1000s of files are offline you repoint Premiere to the root folder and it automatically finds them instantly. When going from a team project to a normal project all of the files are listed as {"LocatorID......"} so the software can't find the originals.

I spent a day manually relinking all of the media.

It's pretty clear team projects are not ready for the professional market.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
May 22, 2018 May 22, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

We found today a possible solution.

On the computer the initial team project was made, open up a version of the project that has not been riddled with the offline locator ID bug, probably an auto save.

Then make a new project and import that working not offfline entire project into the new one. Save that new project. Now when you open the new project on a different computer the links should be pointing correctly to the real media and not a locator ID.  Test this by making a clip offline and relinking.

The important part of this step is making sure it is on the original computer the Team project was made on and converted back into a .prproj , that is where we believe the locator ID bug is coming from.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hey Hunter,

If you happen to have a copy of the project that is in the the state where you cannot relink it, please DM me a link to it.  We believe that we have solved at least one of the issues in a future release but, we would like to take a look at as many of the projects out there as possible to verify that the fix has been properly applied.

-Nate

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Nate,

Sent you working and non working projects.

Thanks!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Nate, I believe the community would be happy to have a immediate antidote, instead of waiting for future release.

We've lost 24 days of shooting, 5400 files and we don't have a month to wait. Autosave files won't link media also.

We pay our editors extra time and pay Adobe for significant amount of licences. We consider one of these to positions unnecessary.

This issue has a huge impact on Adobe's reputation.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 14, 2018 Jun 14, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi!

We've experienced the same problem, with the added problem of merged files.

Our team project started with linked R3D files, of which we created in-premiere proxies.

Then, we merged audio and video and created several hundreds of clips.

The process started seamlessly until a point in time when our sequences started getting offline media.

When we exported the project to an offline premiere file, the "locator ID" problem started.

We can't connect our clips without it being manually, one by one.

Have you got any suggestion or workaround?

Thank you!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jun 14, 2018 Jun 14, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Is it still a team project or is it converted back to a regular project?  I went back to an autosave that was working and Imported that project into a new one and it seems to be ok now. But it took a few tries. The "LoactorID" issue came up a lot until I got the project imported into a new one.

Good luck.  I think Adobe should remove this feature  until they figure it out.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jun 29, 2018 Jun 29, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm having the exact same issues as above. Start my project as a Team Project and then after a week or so decided to save as an offline solo project. Everything was working fine, finished my project, saving every 30 minutes as I went, that was until yesterday when I went to export the 1hr 40m project and it crashed about an hour into the export. I reopened the project to find everything is offline, and instead of just re-linking one of the files and then having Premiere auto re-link everything else, I get this stupid LocatorID issue.

The only current solution I have is to relocate every single individual file, this is beyond a joke, it's an 1h 40m DVD for a Premier League Football Club, it's deadline is Monday, I simply do not have the time to sit here and re-link everything tiny bit of Media. To say I'm angry would be the understatement of the century!

This issue has been reported since Feb. GET IT SORTED!!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jun 29, 2018 Jun 29, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hey Jamesh, Are you able to go back to an autosave hopefully one that is not corrupt?  That's the only way we were able to solve ours without linking each file and just redoing the hours of work instead of days of relinking.  But once you get a file that works, save it in a few places and try to make a new Premiere project and import that working project into it, hopefully this will fix it.  It took us a while to figure out a solution and even then it is a mix of luck and trial and error.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Jul 04, 2018 Jul 04, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I confirm exactly the same scenario. Working in Team project, then switching to solo leads to unpredictable links loss.

We tried saving sequences as a separate project, opening it on another machine. Autosave also seems to have these links corrupt.

What is more frustrating, is that as you open and close project, you get more and more files lost.

We are quite serious about that. Imagine 10 people work on 3 huge documentaries getting their projects slowly destroyed.

Apparently Premiere mess up 'File name' and 'File path'. 'File name' seems to have content of 'File Path', which references some IDs, possibly from Team Project paths.

Please at least post some workaround. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines