• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Media drives never stop spinning

Community Beginner ,
Jan 31, 2019 Jan 31, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Since starting to use team projects, both of our edit systems have this issue where the media drives are constantly spinning. It's like they never stop being scanned. I can not even have a timeline or clip open and the drives are still going. Never had this problem before moving to a team project.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jan 31, 2019 Jan 31, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If you go into the Team Projects Media Management dialog, is any media listed as being off-line? The Team Projects service does periodically scan all mounted drives for missing media. I wouldn't expect the scanning to be constant under normal circumstances, though.

What OS are you running? Is there anything unusual about how your media drives are configured?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Feb 05, 2019 Feb 05, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

There is no offline or missing media listed. I'm working in Mac OS 10.12.6 in PP v12.1.2 and my media drives are pretty standard. They are formatted Mac OS Extended (Journaled) and are in a 5 drive thunderbolt bay (JBOD).

I've tried omitting the media drives from spotlight and also deleting my search bins in Premiere. I also deleted the media cache and media cache files and moved everything into a new PP team project, but nothing seems to help. I have 2 virtually identical systems and they are both scanning constantly.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Feb 05, 2019 Feb 05, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm not sure what would be causing this. If you close any Team Projects and import the same media into a standalone Premiere Project, do the drives still get scanned? This is only happening when Premiere is open, right? Does it happen if you create a new, empty Team Project with no media?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Feb 19, 2019 Feb 19, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It still happens when I pull media into a standalone project but does not seem to occur in a new team project with no media. And yes, only when Premiere is open.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Feb 24, 2019 Feb 24, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've noticed that it's the scratch disk that is constantly writing to the Media Cache and Media Cache Files folders. It never stops, even if there is zero activity in the project. The prmsdc2 file is rewriting every few seconds and I'll see a prmsdc2-journal file flash on and off continuously. Is that normal?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Feb 25, 2019 Feb 25, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I don't honestly know, but it seems surprising. I will ask around on the Premiere Pro team to see if anyone knows more. Thanks for conducting all of these tests.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Julie,

Can you send one project file (Without Media) for us to check?

//Vinay

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

So, share a team project with you or download a standalone project and send via...?

thanks.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Since it sounds like this behavior happens in a standalone project, the prproj would probably be the best file to send to Vinay. prmsdc2 is not a standard filename created by Premiere Pro, as far as I can tell. Is there a clip or media file in your project with a similar name? Perhaps there's something about that piece of media that is causing Premiere to update the cache so often.

The best way to send him the prproj might be to upload it to Creative Cloud Files, Dropbox, or a similar service, then send him that link via DM.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines