Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Missing audio tracks when using proxies and sharing changes

New Here ,
Jun 09, 2020 Jun 09, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello

So I have a really big team project getting bigger every week and now this issue can not be overlooked any more.

Long story short whenever I share changes all my editors loses 7 out of 8 audio tracks and have to re-attach all proxies again.

My main computer are connected to all raw files and are generating proxies whenever I get new footage.

I will get a .mxf file with 8 audio tracks, right clicking and create proxies. Then using my prores proxy preset with machting amount of audio tracks. Then I get a perfect working proxy on that machine.

I will then share my changes and manually drag'n'drop the proxies to multiple external harddrives and give them to my editors. Then they mount the harddrive, press get latest changes and using the media management window to link to the new proxies.

That should be really simple but this is where the headache starts.

When they open the proxy in the source monitor and looks at the waveforms they see one green track the rest are red indicating being offline.

If the editors instead of using the media management window are right clicking on the files and choosing attach proxies they will get all the audio tracks green and working fine. Only untill one sends out another update with changes.

This is a big problem and too time consuming when we have 1000+ clips and more to come every week.

I cant have 5 people stending 30 minutes to a hour on re-attaching every time someone sends out changes.

If I import the proxy and raw file into a new non-team-project and put them side by side the audio tracks looks identical.

My main work station with access to raw are not loosing audio tracks when people sends changes.

I have also tried creating a new project but no luck.

Every computer are using premiere pro 14.0.4, but have tested with 14.2 and nothing changes.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jun 10, 2020 Jun 10, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi, 
Thank you for posting this issue and adding great detail. I was able to reproduce the problem with missing audio tracks when attaching a proxy file via media mapping.  I will create a bug and have it reviewd by development.

Regards,
Udo 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines