Premier Pro Collaborate on same Project

New Here ,
Oct 20, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there,

I have been having trouble with successfully collaborating on PremierePro. We created a team project, and we have a shared library. However, when my colleague drags from the same library into the project, I can see that there are items there but they are all displayed with a question mark. Also when my colleague already has items in the timeline those are not visible for me at all. Even after she saves (and shares her changes) and I go to Team Project > Get latest changes. So what are we doing wrong and how can we collaborate successfully?

Thanks!

TOPICS
Editing, How to

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
Adobe Employee ,
Oct 21, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi TiffanyVivian5C98,

Library items and 'regular' media are handled differently.
I assume you both work on separate individual licenses or Team/Enterprise licenses.

Let's first talk about the 'regular' media.
Both of you need to have the media local on your machine, you can use CC Files, Google Drive, an external drive, etc... to share the media.
After your colleague imports media into the project and you got the latest changes. Media appears offline on your machine as the path for the media is pointing to the location on your colleagues machine.
You just need to open the Media Management dialog (Edit > Team Project Media Management...) and create a new Media Mapping as described here:
https://helpx.adobe.com/team-projects/using/add-and-manage-media.html#Managemedia 

Important: In context of a Team Project you should almost never use the 'Link Media...' option.

Now, in regards to Library items. If both of you have access to the same shared library and your colleague imports an assets from that Library into the Team Project this asset should automatically be downloaded to your specified 'Scratch disk' location after you got the latest changes.
Has the library asset been downloaded to the scratch disk location? 

Best,
Udo

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more