Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Premiere Team Project Crashing On Playback

New Here ,
Nov 30, 2020 Nov 30, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello All,

I've been struggling with this issue all day long and can't find the solution. I'm not an expert by any means and could be misidentifying the problem.

The Problem:

I can't identify when this happens anymore but, Premiere is generating an After Effects crash report after a little bit of playback, specifically when I play a linked composition or two layered comps. When I stop playback, the playhead and video stop but the audio continues to play for a good minute or two, and no keyboard inputs have any affect. 

ADDITIONALLY, Premiere generates the same crash report when I haven't touched the team project at all, it just says it's crashed. I would guess this has happened a few times after letting the project load. 

I've done all I can think of and the problem persists. Restarts, GPU driver updates, OS updates, PPro/AE updates and fresh installs. I even tried downgrading the PP/AE to 14.5 since I had no issues in this Team Project last week. 

Any help is appreciated, I've wasted a whole day on this problem and am ready to throw everything in the bin.

Specs:

Windows 10  v.1909

Intel Xeon 3.6Ghz

32Gb RAM

Nvidia Quadro M4000

[Modertor note: massive crash logs don't help here as this is a user-to-user peer support forum. To get crashlogs to engineers, please post on their UserVoice sytem, as that does go directly to the engineers.

Further, as this seems to be connected with Team Projects, I am moving this post to that forum.]

TOPICS
Crash , Freeze or hang

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Nov 30, 2020 Nov 30, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Which versions of Premiere Pro and AfterEffects have you been working with?

If you create a new project, and within that, an Ae comp ... does it play properly?

Neil

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Dec 01, 2020 Dec 01, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,
Do other collaborator also encounter the issue or is it isolated to your machine?
I'll also send you an e-mail to gather some more information.

Best,

Udo

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 01, 2020 Dec 01, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Other collaborators had not yet experienced the problem. At first it was just my main rig, but then the issue continued on another PC that I use in a different location. After consulting with our IT department we decided to revert back to a previous Windows update and that has so far fixed the issue, I've been able to edit as normal for the last couple hours. 

I do like to keep my machine and all programs up to date but I guess in this case I will leave everything as is for some time for fear that this will happen again before my deadline.  Crossing fingers.

Udo, I'm happy to provide any information you might need to help figure out what exactly went wrong. 

Thank you all.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines