• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Quick save Team Project?

Engaged ,
Aug 28, 2017 Aug 28, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The Strg + S command was crucial for my premiere work ever since and so I think it is for any Premiere editor to prevent parts of an edit getting lost when premiere accidently crashes. Is there a similar feature in Team Project??? Moreover it would be convinient if this "quick save" command wouldn't automatically show up my saving for everybody working with me on the project. I think that would totally mess up the Team project timeline because I use this command a lot to save even little steps of my progress (like a cliffhanger) but for my colleagues and the project only the peaks will be relevant. Thanks!

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Adobe Employee , Aug 28, 2017 Aug 28, 2017

When working with Team Projects, the service scans your work several times per minute for changes and auto-saves them to your computer and the Creative Cloud. These auto-saves are not visible to your collaborators. They only see the changes that you choose to share explicitly. Your auto-save history is not visible in through the UI in this beta version. We hope to improve that in an upcoming release, but your auto-saves will always be private to you and not visible to your collaborators. Visible

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

When working with Team Projects, the service scans your work several times per minute for changes and auto-saves them to your computer and the Creative Cloud. These auto-saves are not visible to your collaborators. They only see the changes that you choose to share explicitly. Your auto-save history is not visible in through the UI in this beta version. We hope to improve that in an upcoming release, but your auto-saves will always be private to you and not visible to your collaborators. Visible or not, your auto-save history protects your work in the event of a crash, or even the loss of a drive or entire computer, since it is also backed up to the Creative Cloud.

You can tell that Auto-save is running in the current beta by looking for the asterisk in the title bar next to the name of your Team Project. The asterisk should appear there when you make an edit. When the asterisk disappears, it means that your work was auto-saved successfully to your computer. The asterisk will normally disappear a few seconds after you finish making changes. For complex comps or sequences, it may take a bit longer. If you stop editing and notice that the asterisk is still visible for more than a minute, I suggest quitting Premiere or AE and relaunching, just to be safe.

-Peter

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Engaged ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Alright! Isn't the old autosave feature which saves every serveral minuitues herewith obsolte? Moreover, where does premiere store these autosavesave on the local PC? Thanks for help!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The old autosave feature is still useful when working with standalone project files (i.e. not Team Projects). Of course, we'd love it if everyone switched to Team Projects!

The auto-save history is stored in a database in your application data folder (under "%APPDATA%\Adobe\Team Projects Local Hub" on Windows and "~/Library/Application Support/Adobe/Team Projects Local Hub" on the Mac). The format of the database has not been documented and is subject to change.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,
Aug 29, 2017 Aug 29, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thanks! Team Project is a really good and well thought out feature as far as I experienced it yet. Three thoughts for future development:

1. Please always keep both: local storing and cloud based storing of autosave files

2. The media management assistent is helpful but could be a little more flexible in recognizing filesturctures

3. Last but not least a feature would be great which easily and automatically enables processing files stored at a local networkdrive to Proxys just with the power of a normal PC. As long as we have that slow internet and even ethernet with max. 1000MBit such feature would help providing everyone working on a project - especially when not working in house - with the latest content added to the project.

Thanks an keep up the good work! Make premiere as stable as possible!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines