• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

"Save as" function in Team projects(beta)

New Here ,
May 31, 2017 May 31, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello, I recently couldn't share/receive changes in my team projects, so I decided to use the function "Save as" to insure that my changes were at least saved somewhere before I restarted Premiere. I re-titled the newly saved project so as not to confuse it with the other project. When I restarted Premiere, I could not  find it. Where do the "Save as" files go in the team projects? I just want to recover what  have saved. I was connected to the online Adobe account at the time. I'm working on a Mac and Premiere is fully updated.

Thank you

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jun 01, 2017 Jun 01, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

"Save As…" creates a new Team Project that is a copy of the latest version of the currently open Team Project.

To create a standalone Premiere project file, use the menu: Edit -> Team Project -> Convert Team Project to Project…

Christian

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 01, 2017 Jun 01, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I understand that part.

My problem is I used the "Save As" function, then restarted. The changes that I made were lost and I now cannot find the project that I saved using the "Save As" function. When Premiere saves as in the team projects, where do the files actually go so I can find where my new saved file went? Does that make sense? I already checked adobe/documents folders and I can't even find the projects that are currently in use and working? Where do these files reside?

And does the save function work? Or did I screw up by hitting save instead of convert team project to project?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jun 07, 2017 Jun 07, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Team Projects data is saved to your local machine first in a specialized database. This database is not the same as a .prproj, and Premiere cannot open this database independent of Team Projects. When Team Projects is functioning normally, every edit that you make is stored in this database. Shortly after your changes are stored locally (and when your network connection is active), they are also transmitted to the Team Projects Service in Creative Cloud.

When you did the "Save As" operation, a new Team Project should have been created that was a snapshot of the latest state of the current Team Project as saved on your computer. If your edits disappeared after this, then something was not working right. If you contact me directly we can try to see if something can be done to recover your work, although it sounds like your changes might have been lost. You did not do anything wrong by doing the "Save As;" if your work was lost then this is the result of a bug in the Team Projects software or Premiere Pro.

Christian

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines