Replace Footage with CC Library asset

New Here ,
Jun 16, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have a Team Project with a lot of sound effects. Currently we have a shared SFX folder in a cloud service that we use to sync up sound files.

Now that Premiere allows for audio Libraries, we're considering moving our workflow into a CC Library so that we don't need to worry about keeping a synced SFX folder. Is there a good way to replace the existing assets in a project with identical assets from a CC Library?

Currently the best option I've found would be to add all the SFX to a CC Library, then import the sounds into the project from that Library, then manually Replace Footage using the SFX file that gets created on the Scratch Disk after importing from the Library.

This would be hugely time consuming, and I'm not even sure this would be an actual solution because it's still just looking for the local file from the Scratch Disk and maybe not flagging the asset as a file from the shared Library.

I've also tried importing the Library assets then Consolidating Duplicates, hoping that it would prioritize the Library assets. No luck - it did not even recognize the assets as duplicates, probably because they are different file paths.

tl;dr - Anyone know a good way to make Premiere use a Library version of an asset instead of a local version?

Thanks for any help.

[Moderator note: moved to appropriate forum.]

TOPICS
Cloud sync, How to

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
Adobe Employee ,
Jun 17, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Nick,

I'm the product manager for Team Projects. We have several known issues between Team Projects, Libraries, and Stock assets. I would not recommend you put your SFX into the CC library for sharing - there are syncing problems that make sharing library assets unreliable between Team Projects collaborators. Our eng team is digging into these issues now so that we can fix them in future releases. Until they are fixed, I would avoid using CC libraries with Team Projects.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
New Here ,
Jun 17, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Oh really? I thought that's what the shared audio libraries that were just announced were meant to be used for.

In any case, we tried a test run with a couple new SFX using the shared Library (we each have access to the Library), and it worked perfectly for us. As soon as I pulled the Latest Changes, the project updated with the SFX assets from the Library without issue.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jun 17, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Nick, you are not wrong - the new audio libraries are meant for sharing but not all the kinks are worked out with Team Projects. Standalone users of Premiere Pro who are sharing libraries should be ok, but library behavior with Team Projects is unpredictable. 

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines