Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Team Markers not syncing

Explorer ,
Nov 18, 2016 Nov 18, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Teams,

Heads up, I noticed that CLIP markers are not being passed back and forth.

However, SEQUENCE markers seem to be working fine.

Also, and maybe should make a separate post for this, my remote system is not reading the actual source timecode.

All source clips TC starts at 00. However if remote sys imports the same proxy clip, it reads correct TC.

The remote editor is using the proxies only which are GoPro 1280x720 generated in AME.

Not sure if the 2 are related.

Thanks,

Andrew

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Adobe Employee , Nov 22, 2016 Nov 22, 2016

Hi Andrew,

Source clip markers are treated as user's own property and not the team project's property overall. That is why these source clip markers are not transferred to Team Projects Server and hence not seen by any other editor while Sequence markers are considered as the property of the Team project itself. We take this as a feedback and I will pass this to the engineering team for them to consider this.

Regarding your source code not being read correctly by remote editor, I have tried that o

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe Employee ,
Nov 20, 2016 Nov 20, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Andrew,

Thanks for writing this up. I don't think the two things are related. I will try to reproduce the issue and report it to the Team Projects engineering team.

Could you please let me know in brief about your editing workflow so that I can understand this and pass this on to the team concerned to help them improve the product.

Sorry for the inconvenience.

Thanks,

Ramesh.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Nov 21, 2016 Nov 21, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Ramesh,

Thanks for the reply.

Workflow as follow:

1. Create new Team Project and ingest ARRI ProRes files. (3200 x 1800)

2. Create Proxy files via AME using GoPro Cineform 1280x720 and make sure all are attached.

3. Copy all proxy media to external drive and send to remote editor as well as send an invite to TP.

4. Remote editor plugs in drive and accepts invite, pointing the TP media manager to media location.

5. Remote editor makes comment markers on sources for selects and shares changes.

6. Home base Gets Changes and source marker are gone....

However, comment markers in a sequence are pass along fine.

Metadata added to say Description or Comments fields are also passed along.

Thats about it. Let me know if more info is required.

Thanks again.

Andrew

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Nov 22, 2016 Nov 22, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Andrew,

Source clip markers are treated as user's own property and not the team project's property overall. That is why these source clip markers are not transferred to Team Projects Server and hence not seen by any other editor while Sequence markers are considered as the property of the Team project itself. We take this as a feedback and I will pass this to the engineering team for them to consider this.

Regarding your source code not being read correctly by remote editor, I have tried that on my machine but was not able to reproduce this. I will spend some more time on this and update you.

Thanks for writing to us. Please keep the feedback going as it helps us a lot improving the product.

Thanks,

Ramesh.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Ramesh,

Thank you for the info.

This is a normal workflow for us in house and it makes sense that it works on local shared storage as we have a common volume dedicated to Premiere cache as well as the projects are on shared storage.

We can work around this by stringing out the source clips in "source sequences" and create markers there.

Or, and I don't like them but, make subclips of selects.

Overall the 2017 build seem really solid for us. Thanks!

Andrew

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Andrew,

Thanks for encouraging words. I would definitely forward this feedback to the team.

Thanks,

Ramesh.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Nov 29, 2016 Nov 29, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Andrew,

I was able to reproduce the source timecode issue you mentioned above. I have reported the same to the team and they will be looking into it soon.

Thanks,

Ramesh.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Nov 29, 2016 Nov 29, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thank you, Ramesh.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines