• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Team Project incorrect format from windows to Mac?

New Here ,
May 17, 2020 May 17, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am editing about 15-30 different clips into one video between me and one other....

He uses windows and has the original clips in hard drives connected to his usb ( We also synced the clips to the cloud )

I am on mac using cloud sync team projects to pick up where one another left off...... although he can edit and save the project just fine

I on the other hand can't import any of it ( or i can, but it has a "Media Offline" error ). I looked up a bunch of videos and guides on how to fix that which i think i know how. The files are in the incorrect format for me... idk if its just bc i am using mac? or if its because he has the hard drives.

I thought maybe if we synced to the cloud and saved them we could both use the clips and open/edit the project no issues without the hard drives ( after the clips have been imported to the cloud )

Also we are both using the same account, just different computers.

Please let me know how to fix this! ❤️

TOPICS
Error or problem , Export , Import

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 2 Correct answers

Adobe Employee , May 18, 2020 May 18, 2020

As John already mentioned the root of the problem is "same account, just different computers".
In order to collaborate in Team Projects all users must have a their own license. It used to be the case that only Team and Enterprise licenses had access to Team Projects, but Adobe made Team Projects also available to individual license holder until August 17th.
https://theblog.adobe.com/adobe-offers-team-projects-to-premiere-pro-and-after-effects-users-with-a-creative-cloud-individual-license/ 

Regards

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe Employee , May 18, 2020 May 18, 2020

Hi All,

Currently, you do not need Teams Licensing

Thanks,
Kevin

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,
May 18, 2020 May 18, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Where have you synced the media to? Have you downloaded/synced the media from the cloud location your friend uploaded to?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

>both using the same account, just different computers

That is not legal... one account may not be shared, and your title of "Team Project" would seem to be incorrect, since a Team Account is not the same as a regular account

You do, of course, need to edit using files on your local hard drive

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

That makes a lot more sense looking at it from a legal standpoint.

We are very new to this and are more interested in learning ourselves how to edit and get more familiar with editing software... just so happen to have ran into a few blocks in the road, Appriciate you and all of the others who replied so quickly 

- Peace and love 🙂

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Incorrect. Team Projects does not currently require Team Licensing. Info.

Kevin

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

As John already mentioned the root of the problem is "same account, just different computers".
In order to collaborate in Team Projects all users must have a their own license. It used to be the case that only Team and Enterprise licenses had access to Team Projects, but Adobe made Team Projects also available to individual license holder until August 17th.
https://theblog.adobe.com/adobe-offers-team-projects-to-premiere-pro-and-after-effects-users-with-a-... 

Regards,
Udo

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Advocate ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Like everyone said... you need Teams: https://www.adobe.com/creativecloud/business/teams/plans.html

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi All,

Currently, you do not need Teams Licensing

Thanks,
Kevin

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines