• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Team Project Running Slow

Explorer ,
Mar 14, 2019 Mar 14, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

My team and I have been working out of a team project for about 3 months now. It is a hefty project, 14 days of media that we're cutting into 30x15 min episodes. We are 9 episodes in and all of a sudden things are slowwwww. When I open my project it can take upwards of 3 hours to load all the media (starts at 30k files and slowly ticks away). Getting changes or sharing changes can take up to an hour. My timeline is slow and laggy. Etc. Before you ask, all 3 of us are running on very fast, very expensive iMacs.

We're considering taking the 9 finished episodes and media managing those out to lighten up the project. Wondering if color, audio work and graphics are bogging us down? Any other suggestions?

We're running 13.0.2 and frankly we're pretty skeptical to update. Thoughts on that?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Mar 14, 2019 Mar 14, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I would certainly suggest splitting things up into separate, smaller Team Projects. You can use linking to create a master Team Project that lets you quickly navigate to each sub-project. I don't know how your media is organized, but you might also see performance benefits from splitting your bins into a few separate Team Projects as well, then importing the footage needed for each episode into the Team Project for that episode.

After three months of intense editing, the auto-save history for the Team Project may also be getting quite large. I would consider doing a "Save As" of the main Team Project so you can start with a fresh auto-save history. You can always access the shared versions and auto-saves from the original Team Project as needed via the Media Browser, or by opening it directly.

I know you say you're skeptical to update, but the versions of Premiere and After Effects that will be released shortly contain a number of bug fixes and performance improvements specific to Team Projects. I would strongly consider looking at them when they become available.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Mar 18, 2019 Mar 18, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Could you explain how the linking works or what benefit there is to it?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Linking Team Projects lets you break a large project into smaller pieces, while still having a master project that links to all of the pieces. The links act like aliases/shortcuts. Double-clicking on a link will open that Team Project alongside the Team Project that contains it. The main reason to use linking is that opening and auto-saving are faster in smaller Team Projects, even if you have a few of them open at once. Linking (and having multiple Team Projects open at once) currently works only in Premiere Pro. Links appear as offline placeholder items in After Effects.

Here's an article that describes how to create and use linked Team Projects: Create a Team Project

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

So the master project wouldn't necessarily contain any of the media, music, gfx, etc.? It would essentially just be a list of links to smaller projects?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Precisely. The master project effectively becomes a directory to let you easily find the other components.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 04, 2024 Apr 04, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

did you ever find a fix for this?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Apr 05, 2024 Apr 05, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Have you tried to split a large Team Project into smaller 'linked' projects - Linked Team Projects?
What is the exact problem you're running into?

Best,

Udo

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines