Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Team Project - Save As

New Here ,
Nov 23, 2016 Nov 23, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there,

Not having an option to collect files, or to save as is not really helpful. What if the online CC platform is down and I want to work from the local file on my machine? Where is that temporary AE project saved? What if I just need to send an AE project to somebody without an CC subscription?

Many thanks!

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Adobe Employee , Jan 22, 2017 Jan 22, 2017

Hi,

Sorry for the issues you are facing while using Team Projects with After Effects. There are couple of points I would like to make.

• You can work in a disconnected mode if you, for some reason, are disconnected from Team Projects service. In this case, you will still be able to make edits using local media files. I am not sure what you mean when you say you want to work from local file. If you are referring to AE project file, then Team Projects does not save any such file on local drive.
  • Regardi

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Beginner ,
Jan 19, 2017 Jan 19, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm currently in AE, looking for a way to save my team project as a local .AE file, because i want to use the COMP/EXPORT AS TEXT TEMPLATE. This option seems to be greyed out in team projects. How can i do this? THX!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 19, 2017 Jan 19, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I had the same issue so I nagged them on twitter and also opened another topic with the same question. Here is how to do it:

1. Open the Console Panel (On Mac, Cmd+F12 or fn+Cmd+F12 and On Win Ctrl+F12).Switch to Debug Database View

2. Set the flag AE.Anywhere.SupportProductionToProject to be true.

3. Relaunch AE.

4. Now in the Edit Menu, under Team Project you will see the option: Save Team Project as Project

https://forums.adobe.com/collaborations/62513

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jan 22, 2017 Jan 22, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi,

Sorry for the issues you are facing while using Team Projects with After Effects. There are couple of points I would like to make.

• You can work in a disconnected mode if you, for some reason, are disconnected from Team Projects service. In this case, you will still be able to make edits using local media files. I am not sure what you mean when you say you want to work from local file. If you are referring to AE project file, then Team Projects does not save any such file on local drive.
  • Regarding "Save As" of a Team Project from After Effects, please try out our latest After Effect release which was released to public just last week. It has the option of saving a Team Project to .aep file without having to go to the Console mode. You can also import an .aep file into a team project.

Hope it helps.

Thanks,

Ramesh.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines