• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Team Project taking forever to synchronize

New Here ,
Sep 15, 2020 Sep 15, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am editing an indie feature doc and have brought on a remote editor.  To try and make collaboration easier,  I created my first Team Project, set our scratch disks to a folder in Creative Cloud, and added her as a collaborator.  She has an identical local drive with identical file structure, but when she accepts the invite, I can see that she is part of the project, but no bins or timelines show up for her.

I have tried to share my changes with her and I get a prompt saying "Waiting of Team Project to Synchronize" and it has been doing that for a couple hours.  I am guessing that it's taking forever because the project is pretty massive. 

Is there something my remote editor has to do on her end to map the Team Project to her identical hard drive? Did we miss a step? Should I let it sync and wait it out? Will it do this everytime we share changes?  So many questions. 

Thanks!

TOPICS
Error or problem , Import , User interface or workspaces

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

First of course ... she needs to link to the media not by import/ingest! ... but by using the Edit/Team Projects/MediaManagement dialog to link her project to the media. If she has 'imported' the media on her end via the Media Browser or Project panels ... that's a problem.

Our first attempt, the other guy created the project, I had the media, immediately went to import the media as I expected to. Did a couple things, shared changes, and suddenly his system couldn't see the media assets. Oopsies.

We left our scratch disks local too, as those are used a ton for general workload in Premiere. That might be part of your issue.

Neil

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi - 

I would recommend creating a new Team Project (even without any media at first) and share that with your remote editor. See if she can find and open the project. Then add some media, create a small sequence and share your changes. Your remote editor should be able to sync to your changes. If this simple test doesn't work, let us know and we can take next steps. If it does work, then we can also help you out by investigating why Team Projects is still "Waiting for Team Projects to Synchronize".  The first time you sync (especially for a large project) it can take awhile. However, what you are describing feels far too long to wait.

Thanks!

Michael

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines