Team Project won't save

Explorer ,
May 20, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

For the past 24 hours my team project will not sync with creative cloud. This icon is in the lower left hand corner.

Screen Shot 2017-05-20 at 12.15.32 PM.png

If I try to close the Team Project I get frozen in this window:

Screen Shot 2017-05-20 at 12.21.00 PM.png

If I try to save it as a Premier project I get frozen at this window:

Screen Shot 2017-05-20 at 12.15.22 PM.png

The only way to close down is to force quite but how can I be assured that I won't lose all my work?

This has been happening many times over the past week.

TOPICS
Error or problem, Save

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

1 Correct Answer

Adobe Employee , May 23, 2017
christiane4686395 Adobe Employee , May 23, 2017
Hi Robert,I'm posting here as a public follow-up even though we have worked on this together directly.Normally, even if you lose the internet connection and the yellow icon shows up in the bottom-left corner of Premiere, your work will be saved. Once you reconnect, your changes will be uploaded to the Team Projects Service in Creative Cloud. You should be able to edit in the park or move from one wifi network to another with no interruption or loss of work.In your case, you encountered a bug in ...

Translate

Translate
Jump to answer Jump to answer
Explorer ,
May 21, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

UPDATE: When I tried to close the project I got stuck on this window:

Screen Shot 2017-05-21 at 9.43.33 AM.png

I had not choice but to force quit.

When I went to reopen the Team Project I had LOST 2 DAYS OF WORK!!!!!

The same thing happened to my partner on this Team Project a few days ago.

HOW CAN THIS HAPPEN?

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
Adobe Employee ,
May 23, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Robert,

I'm posting here as a public follow-up even though we have worked on this together directly.

Normally, even if you lose the internet connection and the yellow icon shows up in the bottom-left corner of Premiere, your work will be saved. Once you reconnect, your changes will be uploaded to the Team Projects Service in Creative Cloud. You should be able to edit in the park or move from one wifi network to another with no interruption or loss of work.

In your case, you encountered a bug in the Team Projects background process that is related to Creative Cloud authentication. Thanks to your help, we have identified the problem and it will be fixed in the next release of Team Projects. I would recommend that if you ever encounter a situation where Team Projects is not able to save, but your internet connection is healthy, you should exit the application before you do very much more work.

This situation should never happen; normally, all of your edits are instantly saved locally, even if they are not sent immediately to the Team Projects Service in Creative Cloud. Unfortunately, you ran into a bug in our software and this did not happen. We are doing our best to make Team Projects rock solid for all of our users, and I'm very sorry for the inconvenience that this has caused to you.

Christian

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 26, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This is happening to me daily when trying to use Team Projects. Periodically, I'll get an error that my project hasn't autosaved in X minutes, and when I try to share my changes, it says 'The application is currently saving your version to Team Projects. This operation must be completed before "Share My Changes" can occur.'
Screenshot.jpg
This is happening several times a day.

I'm on Premiere Pro 2020 Version 14.9.0 (Build 52)
CPU: Intel Pentium G4400
GPU: NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1070 Ti
RAM: 12 GB

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 15, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This exact same thing just happened to me in After Effects 2020. Lost about a weeks worth of work bc I had to force quit and didn't realize the file never actually saved the whole time I was making edits. Super frustrating and looks like they have not fixed yet.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Dec 17, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yeah this happens a lot to me in Premiere Team Projects.  I get an error message that says Premiere could not auto save within the past 5 minutes and right after that error I'm not able to share my changes   I'm forced to convert it to an offline project which defeats the purpose of team projects all together.  So I don't think this bug is fixed.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
jafields LATEST
New Here ,
Feb 26, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This is what's been happening to me all week 😞 

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Dec 18, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

taylorp67545410​ What version of Premiere Pro are you using? Also, roughly how many media files are in your Team Project? One situation I know of where auto-save can take more than 5 minutes in the current release (Premiere Pro 13.0.2) is when you import or make metadata changes to a couple thousand media files at once. In those cases, it's usually advisable to let it keep churning along, and the auto-save will complete eventually once it has inspected all of the new or updated media files on disk and updated the database. We're working on improving the performance in those situations.

You can force the auto-save to move faster by attempting to close the Team Project. The auto-save code normally does its best to stay in the background so as not to interfere with your editing, but if you close a Team Project it will put up a progress dialog and work more aggressively.

In earlier versions, importing specific types of clips from other Team Projects or standalone projects could prevent auto-save from completing. Certain merged clips and multicam sequences were especially problematic. All of those issues that I'm aware of have been fixed in 13.0.2.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Dec 19, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm running the most current version of Premiere so that would be (Premiere Pro 13.0.2).  But yes, it has been getting stuck on the save team project dialogue box above after I would try to import a ton of file changes.  I'll see what happens if I just let it sit and load, but I'm guessing it's just going to sit and not budge.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Dec 19, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Good to know. As mentioned above, speeding up the initial auto-save after importing a large number of files is an area we're actively working on. It's tedious, but you might also have better results if you import the files in smaller groups, say a few hundred at a time, then wait for the asterisk in the Premiere title bar to go away, indicating that all changes have been auto-saved, before importing the next batch. The background processing that goes on when a media file "comes online" after an import can cause the auto-save operation to restart, so the more files there are, the longer it takes before an uninterrupted auto-save can succeed.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Dec 24, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Issues still with auto save.  It also won't let me save if this dialogue box pops up, and it seems like it does every time I get towards the end of a project.  Still forces me to quit and make an offline version, just to re upload the entire project into a new team project.Screenshot (3).png

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Dec 24, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

In theory, that dialog shouldn't prevent you from saving. It's just a warning that auto-save is taking much longer than usual. Auto-save will continue in the background while that warning is displayed. Of course, it's possible that there's something else going on, but most serious errors will result in an error dialog, and an error message in the event panel that includes an error code. Can you look on your system for the directory %APPDATA%\Adobe\Team Projects Local Hub\2.0\logs, zip up the contents and PM them to me? I'll see if there are any error messages being logged there. A dump file from the Task Manager might also provide some clues.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 18, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello,

I am having the same problem.  For the last few days my team project will not save.  I cannot share any changes or convert it to a normal project because it will not save at all.   It's incredibly frustrating, I can't get anything done.  Would you be able to walk me through finding the bug?

Thanks

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Mar 19, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm sorry to hear that you're running into this issue. Can you try the following?

1. Launch Premiere Pro

2. Create a new project (can be either a standalone project or a Team Project -- it's temporary)

3. In the Media Browser, browse to the Team Project that's having trouble auto-saving (it should be under "Creative Cloud/Team Projects Versions")

4. Right-click on the Team Project and choose "Make New Team Project from Version..."

5. Open the copied Team Project and see if it auto-saves new changes successfully.

If you have a lot of unshared changes, you can also create a new Team Project from an Auto-Save instead of a shared version. To do that, switch to the "Auto-Saves" tab in step 4 and choose "New Team Project from Auto-Save..." when right-clicking the Team Project name.

The next Creative Cloud release will contain a fix that should hopefully make these workarounds unnecessary.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 13, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Definitely not fixed, in 2020, and I'm super pissed now. I'll have to force quit. And I'm going to lose all of that work?!?

WOW.

Been using adobe for 15+ years, always recommended it to everyone. I will now warn everyone to stay far, far way.

I had a deadline.

EDIT::::

I didn't end up losing too much. still, this has been a headache from day one. 

unnamed (5).jpg

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 14, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This just happened to me July 14, 2020. Very frustrating.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines