• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Team Projects Connection Lost

Community Beginner ,
Nov 30, 2016 Nov 30, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have been working on a team project in After Effects since last week. Yesterday the file stopped giving me the option to share my changes. I have not closed the file, for fear of losing all my work, and I had been able to render out fine - just not able to save/share changes.
In my team project settings it says that I am disconnected from Team Projects. How do I reconnect?

Capture.PNG

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Dec 01, 2016 Dec 01, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

There might be different reasons of this behavior.

1. You got disconnected from internet. I am sure you might already have verified this. If not, this is one of the reasons.
  2. If the case is not internet, then there might be the case where the owner (user who created the Team Project) of the Team Project has removed you from the Team Project. If you are not the owner of the Team Project, you will have to contact the owner and resolve the issue with him/her so that you can collaborate on that team project. To check if you have been removed from team project, you need to check the icon at the bottom left of the Team Project panel. And check its tool tip. It should be something like this.
    Removed.png
  3. Another reason could be that the owner has Archived the team project. Again you will have to contact the owner.
  4. If any of the reasons mentioned above does not apply here, then we might have got an issue to look at.

I would again request you to check the icon and its tool tip at the bottom left of Team Project panel. If the above tool tip is not there, then you will have something like this.

Disconnected.png

If this is the case, then we don't know if your team project has been archived or we have got some other issue. One workaround would be to quit your application and make sure the process with name "Team Project Local Hub" is also killed. If it does not terminate within a couple of seconds, please forcefully terminate it. Then relaunch your application and open the same team project and see if you still have this issue.

Also please could you also tell if you are able to create a new Team Project?

Also may I request you to share the following files with me so that we can look into more details:

MAC:

1. /Users/<user_name>/Library/Preferences/Adobe/Team Projects Local Hub/1.0/logs/

Windows:

1. C:\Users\<user_name>\AppData\Roaming\Adobe\Team Projects Local Hub\1.0\logs\

Hope this helps.

Thanks,

Ramesh.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello! Thank you for your response.
1. I am connected to the internet.
2. I am still listed as a collaborator.

3. It has not been archived.
4. I do not have any icon or tool tip in the bottom left of the project panel. I think the screen shots you included may be from premier, not after effects?

I do not want to quit the application as I would potentially lose all my work.

I do not want to create a new team project as I would loose what I am currently working on.

Here are my logs:

Team Projects Local Hub Log.txt - Google Drive

Team Projects Local Hub Log-last.txt - Google Drive

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

In After Effects, this icon would be there at the top right corner (just above the Info panel if you are in Essentials workspace in After Effects).

2. I am still listed as a collaborator.

Where did you see if you are listed as collaborator? On your machine or some other user's machine.

Thanks for the logs. I will send this to the team for further investigation.

Thanks,

Ramesh.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This is what my interface looks like. When I hover over the sync arrows in the top right it says: Connected (sync pending for local changes)

AE.PNG

I saw that I am a collaborator on the team project owner's machine.

Thank you

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

Looking at the screen shot and from your previous comments, I assume that you are in a state where if you are making any changes, even then you are not given any option to share (The bottom right arrow icon in Team Project panel does not light up). Is that correct?

If that is the case then this is certainly a frustrating issue. One thing I can suggest is you can ask other collaborator to share any change (any dummy change would be sufficient). Please see if you have your "Get latest changes" button (the one to the left of Share icon in Team Project panel) light up. If it does light up, click on it and then you should have your share enabled.

I know this is not a solution but I am trying to unblock you. I will pass this information to the team so that they can look into it and fix the issue.

Thanks,

Ramesh.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

That is correct, I cannot share any changes and I cannot get any changes either.

Thank you

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Could you please also check if you are signed in to your Creative Cloud application? Or better you can sign out of your Creative cloud application and sign in again with the same user.

Thanks,

Ramesh.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Dec 02, 2016 Dec 02, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I logged out and back in to my app and no change.

My project crashed today. When I tried to log back into team projects, this is the message I got:

team proj.PNG

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Dec 03, 2016 Dec 03, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

I am sorry you are still not able to get it working with Team Projects. Could you please send me the same log files which you sent me earlier when you got this error.

And once you have copied the log files, May I request you to quit your After Effects applications and rename your "Team Projects Local Hub" folders at following locations:

MAC:

1. /Users/<user_name>/Library/Application Support/Adobe/Common/Team Projects Cache
  2. /Users/<user_name>/Library/Application Support/Adobe/Common/Team Projects Local Hub

Windows:

1. C:\Users\<user_name>\AppData\Roaming\Adobe\Common\Team Projects Local Hub
  2. C:\Users\<user_name>\AppData\Roaming\Adobe\Common\Team Projects Cache

Once you have done that, you can try again creating or opening a team project.

Thanks,

Ramesh.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Dec 05, 2016 Dec 05, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Dec 05, 2016 Dec 05, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

If I understand correctly, you were able to get this working after renaming the files. Correct?

Thanks,

Ramesh.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Dec 06, 2016 Dec 06, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Ramesh, this is correct.

I completely agree with the comment posted by thomasl94612318​. I do understand that this is a Beta version, but allowing a local save from AE could have saved me days of work. Hopefully that will be changed when the full version is released.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 06, 2016 Dec 06, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I had the same issue. Uninstalling and reinstalling has fixed the issue. But now I'm wary that it could happen again any time, and because you cant collect the project and turn it into an offline version, i'm stuck...

Allowing us to save out to a regular AE file would be am immediate improvement while this issues are worked out.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 22, 2024 Feb 22, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

2024 and here I am facing the same issue, been. thinking to transition into other editing software haha

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Feb 26, 2024 Feb 26, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Sorry for your troubles. most likely due to a temporary server outage or a stale process. 
Let me know if the issue is still happening.

Best,
Udo

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines