Exit

Team Projects - copy/paste between premiere and after effects

Explorer ,
Oct 24, 2017 Oct 24, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

This is the situation:

• I've got a team project open in Premiere Pro (2017 1.2)
  • I've got an After Effects project open (normal project, not a team project)
  • Very often, I prepare a quick edit in Premiere Pro, since editing is not so handy in After Effects. Then I copy/paste the edited clips straight from the Premiere timeline in my After Effects composition.

In traditional projects, this works perfectly, but in a team project I've got the error that After Effects can't find the file that I want to copy. The error window refers to a preview file.

I think After Effects is looking for this preview file, but can't find it since it is somewhere on the creative cloud because the Premiere Project is a team project.

I don't know where the Premiere Team project is located on the creative cloud, nor where its previews are.

I reproduced the situation on a different computer - and it has the same behaviour. So I think this is a bug or missing feature in team projects.

(I don't want to use dynamic linking because dynamic linking causes a lot of headaches if you copy complex projects to other computers).

Any ideas are welcome, thanks.

Sam

[Moved from regular Premiere Pro to the Team BETA forum... Mod]

Premiere Pro Team links https://forums.adobe.com/thread/2234035

-read http://prodesigntools.com/adobe-video-team-projects.html

------------------------------
We explain how to do stuff
animation - video - elearning for technical trainings

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

One thing you might try is either using or not using Team Projects in both applications.  Don't mix the usage.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Jim,

Thanks for the suggestion. I tried this:

• Create a new Team Projects in After Effects
  • Copy from Premiere Team Projects to After Effects.

-> same error. So it doesn't work.

Of course, not using team projects works, as we've been doing for years. But I wanted to enhance our workflow using Team Projects.

Sam

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Might be time for a bug report.  TP just came out of beta with the 2018 release.

Feature Request/Bug Report Form

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Oct 25, 2017 Oct 25, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Yeah I noticed it is out of beta in the latest release. But since I am in the middle of a project, I don't want to upgrade yet.

I will report it after I've verified that the bug is still present in the new release. So, this might be a few weeks before I can test it.

If anyone who is reading this, and has the 2018 release installed - and has time to check if it is possible to copy/paste clips between PPRO en AE in Team Projects, please let me know if it works. Thanks.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines