Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Team Projects crashes every time I try to copy a layer in AE

New Here ,
Aug 30, 2018 Aug 30, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there,

I can't seem to find an answer to this and I've called the support team but I have a pretty robust firewall and I don't have the clearance to bypass so they couldn't get remote access.

I'm running on Windows 7 and my system properties are:

Intel Xeon CPU E5-2620 v4 @ 2.10GHz (2 processors)

32 GB RAM

64-bit Operating System

NVIDIA QUADRO P1000

I'm working on a team project on AE CC version 15.1.2 and for some reason over the past couple of days, every time I try to copy anything (keyframe, layer, comp) my After Effects crashes without a crash log. It just disappears- poof. It doesn't matter whether I'm using the hotkey Ctrl+C or doing it old school under Edit and Copy.

I've deleted my preferences, restarted, uninstalled and re-installed and it doesn't seem to matter. I work at a company with strict security-- could the firewall be the problem? I'm working on the project with a colleague who works on a Mac and doesn't have this issue at all (he's also behind the firewall). The project has been working fine for the past several weeks until now.

Any suggestions?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Based on the symptoms, I would be surprised if the crash was due to a network configuration issue. If you create a new, simple Team Project or a standalone AE project (.aep), does the bug happen then, too? If you open the Team Project on another system, do you see the problem there? If the issue only happens in one Team Project, does it happen if you paste into a different comp? Sorry to ask so many questions, but this sort of issue is harder to isolate when there's no crash log.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Peter,

Good news, to answer your question I tried it on my old Mac and it happened but the Mac generated a crash log. How do I attach it to this? This is the relevant bit I think:

"Application Specific Information:

abort() called

*** error for object 0x16e2d5d30: pointer being freed was not allocated"

It happens on this computer, my home computer and my old Mac I have at the office that isn't connected to the network. Even though my home computer and Mac aren't connected to the network, they are speaking to my colleague's computer, which is in the network-- that's why I thought it had something to do with that. It DOES NOT happen on a stand alone project-- only in team projects.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi Sarah,

Thanks! A crash log should be very helpful. I'll DM you my contact info.

-Peter

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines