• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Team Projects - How to avoid duplicated media when importing?!

New Here ,
Jan 21, 2021 Jan 21, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

So I'm a bit new to the Team Project workflow, but from what I've gathered it's pretty straight forward. The only thing that keeps tripping me up is, why is media being duplicated when importing into Premiere??

For reference, these are the steps I take:

1. Create Team Project (scratch disks and ingest settings file paths are set to the creative cloud folders)

2. Upload all media assets to the cloud

3. Organize them into subfolders

4. Import media into Team Project for editing

But after I import them into Premiere to start editing, it duplicates ALL of the media and eats up space on my local drive. Also, it just dumps it into the root folder and creates a big mess. 

Is there a way to avoid the media being duplicated? If the files live on the cloud, why doesn't premiere recognize those and just link to them? Instead it creates duplicates? 

Is there something I'm missing here??

TOPICS
Error or problem , FAQ , How to , Import

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Let's move this post to the Team Projects forum. Is that OK, Chris?

Thanks,
Kevin

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes absolutely

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you for moving it here. Can you advise on a solution?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Chris,

It sounds like you manually moved the bins and clips into the 'Creative Cloud Files' folder and then imported them with the ingest Action 'Copy' enabled into your Team Project. So yes, in this case Premiere looks at the ingest settings and copies the media to the selected location. Clips should not get duplicated when you disable the Ingest Settings.

-Udo

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes I did have the ingest action "Copy" enabled, because we need the remote editors to be able to add clips to the shared project from their own local drives. What's the proper workflow for this to avoid duplicate media?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jan 22, 2021 Jan 22, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If you synch the media via a shared creative cloud folder and an editor wants to import media local to the editors machine. The editor should first copy the media into the shared 'Creative Cloud Files' folder and then import the media form there.
The media should now synch with all invited collaborators and be online after they get the latest Team Project changes.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm a bit confused because that's what I was trying to do in my original post. All of our media is stored on the cloud, but when we import it into the Team Project, it duplicates the media and copies to the local drive.

Is there a way to avoid it being copied to the local drive? Does Team Projects allow for the media to link to the cloud files, and not the local media?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Have you tried the steps from your original post, but with ingest setting disabled?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines