• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Team Projects Local Hub - can I move off C drive?

Mar 19, 2018 Mar 19, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I found the location of the Team Projects local hub on the C drive. I like to keep C as clean as possible (That's strictly for OS & Apps). I have my Creative Cloud sync folder on F, and I'd like to do the same for the Team Projects local hub. I'm assuming that even though it's not a .pproj file, this is where Adobe is storing all of the edits & file paths locally, so it's effectively serving the same purpose as a .pproj file.

Is that assumption correct (not really important, just curious)? And is it possible to change the local hub directory?

CC ver 4.4.1.298

PP ver 12.0.1 - Build 69

Thanks for the help!

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Adobe Employee , Mar 19, 2018 Mar 19, 2018

You're right, this is where all of the autosave data lives for Team Projects (under your user home folder on both Win & Mac).

Unfortunately it is not possible relocate this data. We are aware of this request and are working on making this possible in a future release.

Christian

Team Projects

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You're right, this is where all of the autosave data lives for Team Projects (under your user home folder on both Win & Mac).

Unfortunately it is not possible relocate this data. We are aware of this request and are working on making this possible in a future release.

Christian

Team Projects

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Gotcha. Thanks for the quick reply, Christian. I'll look out for that feature when it's released.

Thanks again!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Apr 16, 2018 Apr 16, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Christiane,

Well, this little thing was driving me nuts until I decided to go and hunt for the thing that was eating up my system-drive. Windows was acting up and demonstrating all sorts of strange problems and I noticed my diskspace was ultra-low. But I couldn't figure out what was causing this. Now I know that this folder was using over 70Gigs of my system-drive. Now, I know that you're working on it (and I hope for a solution soon), but in the meantime... Is there any way to discard 'older' or no-longer-used files or subfolders? Because my system is completely locked up right now. And my deadlines are approaching fast and I don't want to destroy my Adobe project by deleting the wrong files. Could I dynamic link this folder to another drive? Or would Premiere go nuts if I did?

Thanks in advance...

Tim

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Apr 16, 2018 Apr 16, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi Tim,

We do not support putting this data folder on another drive.

If you Archive a Team Project that you are no longer using, the local auto-save data will be automatically cleaned up from this folder after about 24 hours on any computer that had opened the project. The auto-saves for this Team Project will be erased permanently on all computers. This is the only supported way to clean up the data at this time. Please note: if you archive a Team Project, all collaborators will be removed from the project (and their auto-save data will be cleaned up, too).

Please contact me directly if you have any trouble with this solution.

Thank you,

Christian

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines