• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Team projects - nothing works

Explorer ,
Nov 16, 2020 Nov 16, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, I invited some one for an new 'team projects' AE file I created. After she got the invite, and accepted I tried to work together on a project. But nothing happens. I have my own 'team project' and she has her own team project. It should be the same, but nothing happens. Any idea? Becasue we're back in sending AE files per wetransfer now 😞

And how should you share media? 'Cloud documents cannot be used', so I tried via files in libraries and shared the library. But this does not work. 

Now, weird thing is - via the cloud app you do not have an option to share 'files'. You only have 'your work and libraries'. Now - If you go to assets.adobe.com you CAN share files. Those are files in your icloud map. (why can't we share those via the icloud app?)

It seems, this project thing is on a beta basis. It doesn't work flawless. It would be handy, if you have a project, and project files that can be shared very easy. Like sync the used files to a shared project part in the cloud or so...

Help approved

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Nov 16, 2020 Nov 16, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

If you create a TP, and send from within that TP an invite to another person with an Adobe ID, then the project naturally appears on their machine via Adobe's CC cloud service. You do not send them a copy of the project file via any other service.

The media used in the project can be handled simply or a bit more complex, but is very different than with standard stand-alone projects.

The "owner" adds media through the Media Browser preferably to fill out the project. They distrubute the media to the other collaborators, who need to have 'local' access to that media. An easy way is to dropbox/wetransfer via online sharing services or via shipping actual drives. Some are working with shared online storage, but that of course can be iffy depending on the speed of your internet connections.

So at least syncing all media files to local disc storage is wise.

Next, the collaborators other than the 'owner' NEVER ever link media from Premiere's Project or MediaBrowser panels to files on disc. If they do, that changes the links for everyone in the project. I did that at first, and broke our project until we figured it out.

ALL collaborators must link the project to the files available to/through their machine, via the Edit/Team Projects/Media Management dialog system.

If you follow those procedures, it's a pretty stable and fast working process. My main collaborator is in Cape Town, South Africa. I'm in Oregon's Willamette Valley, a few miles from the Pacific Ocean. Pretty close to 12,000 miles apart.

And we've had several TP we've run. Just starting another one this week.

Here's their page which you may well have seen for creating a TP.

Create a Team Project

Neil

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines