• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Team Projects: What's the Best Way to Delete Media from a Project

New Here ,
Jul 19, 2018 Jul 19, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, I have a project that has some media we no longer want in the project. I delete it from my project and upload the changes. Everything looks good. When I open the project up again and get changes, the media is back in the project. I am guessing someone still has the media in their project and that's why it keeps reappearing. How do I prevent this media from ghosting back into the project. I want to force my project to override everyone else's and get this media our permanently.

Thanks,
Tom

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Adobe Employee , Jul 19, 2018 Jul 19, 2018

Is it possible that another user made an edit that used those same clips (media)? Normally, if you delete a clip, it will stay deleted, unless another collaborator shares a change after yours that refers to that clip (or they re-import it). For example:

1. You delete clip "A," which was used in the sequence "S." That causes "A" to be deleted from your copy of "S."

2. You share your changes. The clip is deleted from the Team Project, but your collaborators will still see it until they Get Latest Ch

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

That's a link to generic customer support. My question was about a specific issue that customer support would not understand. Was this meant as a joke?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Is it possible that another user made an edit that used those same clips (media)? Normally, if you delete a clip, it will stay deleted, unless another collaborator shares a change after yours that refers to that clip (or they re-import it). For example:

1. You delete clip "A," which was used in the sequence "S." That causes "A" to be deleted from your copy of "S."

2. You share your changes. The clip is deleted from the Team Project, but your collaborators will still see it until they Get Latest Changes.

3. A collaborator has created another sequence, "S2," that uses "A."

4. They get your changes. Because their sequence uses the clip "A", the clip is not deleted from their private copy of the Team Project.

5. They share. At this point, A is re-introduced to the Team Project, because it is required by S2.

6. You Get Latest Changes, and A re-appears in your copy of the Team Project, too.

There are a couple of other variations, too, for example if you are both working on the same sequence, causing a conflict, and your collaborator resolves the conflict by choosing "take mine" or "copy mine and take theirs". In either, case, if their copy of the sequence refers to the deleted clip, it will be re-introduced. I think the clip will come back if a collaborator moved the clip to a different bin before they got your changes, too.

Can you see (or ask your collaborators) if the sequences they shared used the deleted clip(s)?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thanks PeterELee​ . I think that's what happened. I deleted Clip A which is really Clip 76. We are using numbers now, not letters. I shared my changes. Evidently 1 of my co-workers must have resolved conflict by keeping their version. Now when I download, latest changes, Clip A is back in the mix. Now that I understand the correct way to do things, I will try to implore my co-workers to follow my instructions. But you can only lead a horse to water...Thanks again!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines