• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Using Media Management in a Team Project - link to Creative Cloud Library files?

Explorer ,
Oct 28, 2020 Oct 28, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I cannot figure this out. I am working on a Team Project. The project owner has also created a shared library of the files used in the project I can access.

Anytime she inputs new files to the Premiere project and shared library, I've been going into our shared libary and downloading the new files to my harddrive. Then, I've been going into the project, which has the new files listed offline, and into Media Management to create new media mapping to the new files now on my drive. 

Is there an easier workflow? I feel like I should be able to map out any new assets to where they live in our shared library (instead of having the extra step of downloding them locally). Can you map to files in a library? I go to my User/Creative Cloud Files folder and none of the files in the shared library are there.

TOPICS
Import

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Nov 12, 2020 Nov 12, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You can't use 'normal' ingest/import practices in TP workflows.

The originator adds media to the project and shares their work. All collaborators then use the Edit/Team Projects Media Management dialog to link to that media on their system.

Otherwise it breaks the whole thing as you're getting.

Neil

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Nov 14, 2020 Nov 14, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Go that. I was just seeing if there was a faster/easier workflow. 

Right now, anytime I get her changes she made to the project, I have to located the media in our shared library online, download the media, and then remap it to the file I just downloaded on my system. Just thought there might be a faster way (if we could be sourcing the files to a shared drive or something).

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Nov 12, 2020 Nov 12, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If both of you have access to the same shared library and your colleague imports an assets from the Libraries panel into the Team Project this asset should automatically be downloaded to your specified 'Scratch disk' location after you got the latest changes.
Has the library asset been downloaded to the scratch disk location? 

Best,
Udo

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Nov 14, 2020 Nov 14, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I tested this out by importing a media asset from our shared library (using the Library panel in Premiere) and placing it into our timeline. When she opened the project up, she said it could not locate the file and she had to use the media management tool to remap it. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines